Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

BerrySteph

Mar-15

bml00 said:

Jews - Jews - Jews - Israel - Israel - ZIONIST etc Day in Day out night in night out Berry not obsessed ? Duh he is OCD +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The story selected this man as being Jewish.

I simply asked whether this was necessary or whether it displayed racism.

Of course, you may want Jews to be kept separate and anything they do labelled as weird.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

In reply toRe: msg 125
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

BerrySteph

Apr-9

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

As China moves to block imported cases of COVID-19, foreigners are increasingly reporting incidents of hostility and discrimination.

Blame Trump, lashing out at China when they're actually doing everything in their power to be friendly and helpful.

SQUADDYB

Apr-11

Fuck off, Dingleberry!

The virus originated in China, didn't it?  Only the ultra PC would have  a problem with the virus being labelled the Chinese virus. As someone pointed out to me on the IF, there was no bullshit PC'ness when the Spanish flu was abound.

Stop being such a fucking snowflake!

BerrySteph

Apr-11

SQUADDYB said:

Only the ultra PC would have  a problem with the virus being labelled the Chinese virus.

Normal people find it offensive.

You'll not understand.

MEDDLY

Apr-11

I think that was me. Now here's an individual who some people don't like, except when he goes Medieval on trump's arse:

New Rule: Virus Shaming | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

Subscribe to the Real Time YouTube: http://itsh.bo/10r5A1B In his editorial New Rule, Bill argues that China should be held responsible for allowing the cond...

• Edited April 11, 2020 5:13 pm  by  MEDDLY
MEDDLY

Apr-11

I had no idea Lyme disease was named after a town in Connecticut (Old Lyme).

Msg 878.132 deleted
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-12

SQUADDYB said:

As someone pointed out to me on the IF, there was no bullshit PC'ness when the Spanish flu was abound.

Two problems there.

1. The "Spanish" flu was spread by US soldiers
  2. Just because the racism and ignorance was accepted 100 years ago, doesn't mean it should now.

It is called Coronavirus, or Covid-19.

These are the only two names it ever had.

Everyone in the world knows that this is what the virus is called, and has known that from the beginning.

It's not like the PC Brigade had to come in and tell everyone to stop calling it the "Chinese Virus".  It is the opposite.  The "UN-PC Brigade" is deliberately changing the name to be offensive.