Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Racism   General Confusion

Started 6/13/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 11494 views.
BerrySteph

Jan-21

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

I think the problem is not Apu as a character, but the fact that he is being voiced by a white man.

Oops, sorry, some people's objections are so bizarre I can't get a handle on them.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-23

BerrySteph

Jan-24

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

The US is undergoing a season of soul-searching about slavery and its long shadow. A tour of the southern states reveals what's changed and what still needs to come.

Barely any mention of the continuing atrocity:

information on racial and ethnic disparities in the US prison population, the largest in the world.

Importantly, this disparity (as still devastates black lives and society) is now brought about with the Drug Laws.

Utterly worthless laws, totally failed to solve the problem - only made it much worse.

Any top politician from Texas should be particularly under suspicion, since most of the drugs in the US surely come that way.

Di (amina046)

Feb-1

bml00

Feb-2

I went to some very elite educational establishments and part my curriculum was Latin, Greek and French , of course some of the brainy lads could get their heads round these obstacles but I could not .

In one of those interminable end of term exams which sorted the wheat from the chaff my results in languages were abysmal if not awful, dreadful , terrible .

My Master stood in his caped gown and mortar board and advised the class (there were between 9 to 12 of us in each class) where we had come and of course I had come bottom of the class (in languages) HOWEVER he called me out turned me to the class with iron fists grasping my shoulders and said (and I quote) " Your results are those of a buffoon (laughter in the class) BUT I can give you some advice , if they don't speak English then they are not worth speaking to " that was circa 1960 St.Pauls School

BM

• Edited February 2, 2020 1:58 am  by  bml00
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I wonder if it was a jab at the "leavers", or legit?

Di (amina046)

Feb-2

To the delight of Goss I was wondering about it too. But it seems to be legit.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Di (amina046)

Feb-3

It seems to be universal, unless you are an artist, athlete or other celebrity.

It seems that even to be a multi millionaire of a different colour (not caucasian) is not quite believable; corruption or narcotics spring to mind almost immediately.