Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The can of worms that is Misogyny   General Confusion

Started 6/15/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 26079 views.
BerrySteph

Nov-7

bml00 said:

The idiot woman who cried rape is currently proving to be a liar 

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-british-woman-cyprus-cops-wrote-my-retraction-of-rape-complaint-against-israelis-1.7995064
A 19-year old British woman covers her face, as she leaves the Famagusta court in Paralimni, Cyprus, on Tuesday, August 27, 2019.Petros Karadjias,AP

Not how its being reported here.

Nor the way its being reported in Israel.

British Woman: Cyprus Cops Wrote Retraction of Rape Complaint Against 12 Israelis

The 19-year-old Brit says she couldn't possibly have written the statement because it was in broken English

Oct 17, 2019  - The 19-year-old British woman charged in Cyprus with falsely accusing Israeli men of rape said under cross-examination Wednesday that police investigators yelled at her to sign a false confession they had written themselves.

She accused one of the police investigators, Detective Sergeant Marios Christou, of shouting at her and making her cry, and said she had felt threatened.

The woman said police took a number of statements from her and acted properly – but on the evening she signed a statement saying she had made up the rape, the investigators questioned her for eight hours without the presence of a defense lawyer. “The officer said he had spoken to the Israelis and he had agreed that they would go home and I would go home and that would be the end of it,” she said.

The prosecution showed her a statement she signed, written in English, retracting the rape accusations, and she said she signed a lot of documents under duress without seeing what was written on them. She admitted she had signed the statement, but said police had dictated it to her and that it was in ungrammatical English, adding that she was a “very well-educated person” and “there’s no way I would write something like this.”

“There is not one sentence that an English person would write. It does not make grammatical sense,” she told the court.

Harold27Z

Nov-7

Its also an honour to know me.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I think you're wonderfully quirky.

In reply toRe: msg 205
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

In reply toRe: msg 206
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Opinion

In reply toRe: msg 207
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

BerrySteph

Nov-8

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

China's largest ridesharing app closed down for a year after two female passengers were murdered by their drivers. Now the service is relaunching, but women say new safety measures were designed to humiliate them.

That's a valid enough story, not aimed at inciting nationalistic hatred (even if it might incite some accidentally).

I'm amused because it rather tends to undermine the (otherwise entirely credible) claim we make that China is tracking some or all of its people.

Can China do this? Maybe it will get there eventually and threaten all of us. 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Women cannot use ride share cars after 8pm.

It's essentially a curfew.

Men can use them up to 11pm.

BerrySteph

Nov-9

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Women cannot use ride share cars after 8pm. It's essentially a curfew. Men can use them up to 11pm.

Women weren't safe hitch-hiking, one reason it died in the 1980s in the UK (and maybe the US a bit earlier?). But then men weren't entirely safe either.

Women would be safe with this system if the Chinese had a 100% profiled population the way we have.  (Especially if it were further hugely empowered by a working facial recognition system).

bml00

Nov-9

Try instituting a facial recognition system in a country with 1.3 billion people many of whom live in remote areas 

BM