Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Egypt   Africa and the Middle East

Started 6/18/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 1304 views.
In reply toRe: msg 9
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Mar-19

This is just fascinating.

bml00

Mar-19

I visited Cairo 30+ times , it is vast , it is dirty , it is chaotic , it is  so big it takes your breath away .

In 1973 I crossed with Sharon the Suez Canal in our battle to cut off the Egyptian army on our side  of the canal , having cut off the army , their supplies and retreat we went onwards to Cairo.

I guess we got within 40 or 50km of Cairo but you could smell the city , you could see the Haze that envelopes the city .

As you drive or walk through Cairo two things hit you, your eyes water because there is very little garbage collection so the poor burn their garbage and then there is the smell of Fuel , to cut costs they mix it and add chemicals and it makes yours eyes water and you feel it in your chest .

The Rich of Cairo live like Pharos the rest just merely barely exist .

BM

• Edited March 19, 2021 7:21 am  by  bml00
In reply toRe: msg 11
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-10

That explains the idea of scrapping the old city and just starting over.

bml00

Apr-10

I will guess the RICH will enjoy the new city the poor will live as they have for eons in Egypt .

It is ILLEGAL to photograph from the many bridges that cross the Canal FYI but if you did you would see the carcasses of the animals cattle, donkeys and horses thrown into the canal and washed ultimately out to see .

If you go to the city of the dead it is a thriving where the poorest live and the rich come every night to pick up the little girls and boys on offer in their hundreds 

BM

In reply toRe: msg 13
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-19

bml00

Apr-19

These disasters similar to India where poor infrastructure etc signaling driver management etc are going to happen with sad regularity

BM