Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

LGBTQI... Rights   General Confusion

Started 6/22/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 39895 views.
bml00

11/3/19

You cannot get married in Israel with same sex marriages but the marriage will be legally recognised once it is registered , the marriage has to take place in a state/country where same sex marriages are legal, Israel is Jewish , Druze, Muslim many different Christian factions etc

The religious are not liberal (no matter the faith) here in Israel and if as we have had an hard right wing Government which has aligned itself with the Religious (for its own political machinations) then any liberalization is very difficult , the possibility of a new Government totally secular is now taking shape which would liberalize such relationships as it would not require its coalition partners to recognise the move as the Government will be essentially centrist

bm

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/4/19

Thank you.

So, could a gay couple get married in a Synagogue in California?

bml00

11/4/19

They can get cut and carried in any society or place of faith where they are allowed legally and then return to Israel and be legally recognised (i guess it is dumb but there you go)

BM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/5/19

cut and carried?

In reply toRe: msg 81
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/5/19

bml00

11/5/19

MARRIED in cockney rhyming slang

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/5/19

I thought it was circumcision and a lift home!

bml00

11/5/19

Several years ago I shared a room with an Indian Jewish Soldier who was getting married he however was not circumcised ...............

The operation took about 30 minutes (on a child about 5 seconds) and he bled and bled all night , I recall the nurses matter of factly tending his hampton .

Rather him than me - I was in for something very minor over night , you have to be really in love to go through what he did

BM

Harold27Z

11/9/19

I can live with that.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/10/19

They can't.

That's the problem.

Is it fear? Disgust? Some crap you read in an old book?

What drives the hate, Harold?