Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Commonwealth refugees swilling chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Libya   Africa and the Middle East

Started Jul-4 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 1466 views.
In reply toRe: msg 20
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-20

Analysis

bml00

Oct-20

Saddam , the Assad's , Gaddafi etc are examples of Tyrants who removed any threats that appeared in their countries , the threats come from the various tribes that make up the relevant countries , the tribes having existed long before these people and their systems appeared .

Once the Tyrants were deposed , killed or disposed off the tribes go back to fighting for dominance , today this fight is made easier as outside powers are very willing to stoke the fires and keep the discontent burning , however the fight will continue till one group dominates the other.

BM

BerrySteph

Oct-20

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Gaddafi is gone but eight years on Libya is still at war. What went wrong? Eight years after the death of Moamar Gaddafi, the journalist who captured his downfall reflects on why Libya remains at war.

I don't need to read it - Libya has lots of oil and we want it.

So we plunged it into chaos and suffering and imposed corrupt puppets on it.

Crucially, Gaddafi was cooperative and had abandoned his WMD program.

Huge mistake (one that Iran may have made but North Korea is not going to do).

... the majority had never known life outside of Gaddafi's iron fist, and his legacy of violence is more evident than ever throughout Libya today.

Libyan political analyst Mohamed Eljarh explained to me while many nations in the region were also in the grip of their own uprisings — collectively known as the Arab Spring — that what made Libya different was a total lack of any form of political life whatsoever.

There had been no political parties or institutions and no constitution under Gaddafi.

Among Libya's neighbours, Tunisia and Egypt — while governed by dictators and autocratic regime — both still held elections, they had unions, and a civil society one could potentially participate in, despite it being heavily controlled.

But in Libya, Gaddafi had created a system that revolved around him alone — so when he died, the entire system collapsed with him.

So we're still going to blame the victims of our evil.

bml00

Oct-20

BerrySteph said:

Among Libya's neighbours, Tunisia and Egypt — while governed by dictators and autocratic regime — both still held elections, they had unions, and a civil society one could potentially participate in, despite it being heavily controlled.

Amazing how people defend tyrants / rapists / killers such as Gaddafi or Assad or Saddam and try to portray them as examples of all that is good.

They deserve their fate , they lived like kings on the backs of others and treated the country as their own personal banks and fiefdoms

Tribes are fighting it out and will continue till one side or the other dominates this is the way of the region

BM

In reply toRe: msg 24
BerrySteph

Oct-20

bml00 said:

They deserve their fate , they lived like kings on the backs of others and treated the country as their own personal banks and fiefdoms

Says a man genocidal gang who stole an entire country - and wants so much more!

bml00

Oct-20

I stole nothing and unlike the poster I am not on the Dole or living in a council house

BM

In reply toRe: msg 26
BerrySteph

Oct-20

bml00 said:

I stole nothing

I'm sorry, BM, I should not have said that.

You were in Lebanon and Ramallah and at the Jenin Massacre but it was the settlers behind who stole the Palestinian land.

No Lebanese land been stolen - yet. Hezbollah has stopped your genocidal ways.

bml00

Oct-20

As you can see the poster is a blatant consistent liar , there is nothing more to add .

I have no idea what you gain when you see such perpetual liars on the forum

BM

In reply toRe: msg 28
BerrySteph

Oct-20

bml00 said:

As you can see the poster is a blatant consistent liar

You've boasted of where you've been. Nothing illegal spending months on the Golan.

bml00

Oct-20

Move goal posts , wriggle , lie , now you can clearly see the racist fraudulent nature of this liar 

BM