Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Australian Culture and History   Australia and Oceania

Started 7/13/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 16005 views.
Harold27Z

3/31/20

I am blissfully unaware of the movie you mentioned, no doubt due to a deprived childhood or contempt for affirmative movies.

Fear not, I have thousands of other things to keep me busy.

When my offspring watch TV, I offer to help them identify the affirmative action "super-hero".  Finally I spot them as if it were difficult to identify them even when they are not quadroons or octoons, just pedigree unifreckles. .

CzoeMC

3/31/20

Harold27Z said:

my offspring

Poor "offspring", a fate to be related is such that no one should be subjected.

Harold27Z

3/31/20

When my son plays guitar, I both encourage and tease him by throwing low value coins as if he were a busker.

BerrySteph

3/31/20

Harold27Z said:

If you were paying attention to earlier postings, the Orange Free State and vast swathes of Transvaal were EMPTIED of "true and original inhabitants" by other "true and original inhabitants" during the Mfecane massacres wherein nearly 2m were slaughtered.

I think this is a myth from the land-grabbers. It is so typical of the justifications used by colonialists for their own massacres, as are pretty nearly unique in human history.

The only earlier people truly behaving like the colonialists and wiping out all trace of what went before were the Romans and Genghis Khan. Who had also travelled great distances to the lands of people they considered sub-human.

CzoeMC

4/1/20

BerrySteph said:

The only earlier people truly behaving like the colonialists and wiping out all trace of what went before were the Romans and Genghis Khan.

Really, I think that those who know anything about history would differ. Peoples migration, (including tribal communities in Africa, North and South America), told many a tale of enslavement, and takeover of land.

The problem isn't only just organized people, but has always occurred when humans move about, to find better resources.

Msg 922.118 deleted
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/2/20

The topic is Australian culture, not Palestinians and Jews.

No Hijacking!!

BerrySteph

4/2/20

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

The topic is Australian culture, not Palestinians and Jews.

Not me that hijacked the discussion towards the racist assertions of settlers with guns in Africa and the Middle East.

Nor did I mention Jews - its a bit monstrous to accuse me of the racism that others have casually inserted.

Over and over again I wonder what Australians have in common with the extreme racist views of some white people living in Africa.

In reply toRe: msg 121
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

May-14

I'm loathe to use the word Culture in the same context as Alan Jones.  I'm just glad he's buggered off.