Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Commonwealth refugees swilling chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

A bit of Australian Culture   Australia and Oceania

Started Jul-13 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 2241 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-20

Excellent point!

I remember being in the Basilica in Rome, and our tour guide was talking about all the penises being chopped off by prudish priests during the Renaissance.

Interesting article about it.

In reply toRe: msg 13
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-21

ElDotardo

Oct-22

Way to go, Aussies!!! And as the model, just let me say, you're welcome . . . 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-23

We really are a cultured bunch.

ElDotardo

Oct-24

Oh, yes, you are, and now we all understand why *chuckle*. . . 

Australia Has Killer Fungus That Shrinks Your Brain

It’s not enough that Australia has 21 out of 25 of the world’s most deadly snakes.

No, no, no. Australia also has to have a small octopus so venomous that its bite can kill in a few minutes, the world’s deadliest spider, and even a group of sea shells that can kill you.

I’ve found today the icing on the Australian poison cake: a deadly fungus that kills you and shrinks your brain.

Poison Fire Coral is the only known mushroom with toxins that can be absorbed through the skin, and causes a “horrifying” array of symptoms if eaten, including vomiting, diarrhoea, fever and numbness.

If left untreated, it can cause multiple organ failure or cause a person’s brain to shrink leading to death.

“The fact that we can find such a distinctive and medically important fungus like Poison Fire Coral right in our backyard shows we have much to learn about fungi in northern Australia,” Barrett said.

RTWT

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-25

I read about that a while ago.

You sure you don't want to come down for a visit?

ElDotardo

Nov-1

Visited Sydney back in '68, but I suppose I could donate blood . . .

Thumbnail

ElDotardo

Nov-2

I can understand the need - warmism kills (or at least maims) . . .

Australia: 'No one listened and then someone died': Fisherman explains why he NEVER lets his family swim in the ocean as the number of hungry, killer sharks increases

Greenie protection of sharks responsible

Fishermen have warned more people will be killed following an explosion in Queensland's shark population and a string of attacks in the water.

Two British backpackers have this week been mauled near Airlie Beach as they snorkelled in the Whitsundays.

Alistair Raddon, 28, had his right foot bitten off as his friend Danny Maggs, 22, copped a leg bite on Tuesday morning.

The shark attacks occurred only a month after Queensland's Labor government removed more than 160 drumlines from 27 beaches.

This followed a Federal Court ruling which ordered the end of shark culling in the Great Barrier Reef.

Nathan Rynn, a Townsville-based commercial net fisherman who operates between Cardwell and Bowen, near Airlie Beach, said surging shark numbers would cause more fatal attacks in the water.

'We've got a catastrophe waiting to happen,' he told Daily Mail Australia on Friday. 'If the government doesn't place some more protection over tourists, swimmers and recreational users, there's going to be more and more of these deaths every year because their numbers are exploding and they're getting hungry.'

Mr Rynn is so worried about predatory sharks in the murky waters of north Queensland he advises his own children to stay out of the water in Townsville.
'Once upon a time, I would have taken them to the local beaches here,' he said.

'If I see mothers or fathers with their kids running down into the water, and they're a fair distance off the beach, I go and tell them, "If I was you, I'd get your kids out".'

David Swindells, a commercial fisherman based at Yeppoon in central Queensl
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message