Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Commonwealth refugees swilling chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

UK News - General   The U.K and Europe

Started Jul-16 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 10877 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-23

Di (amina046)

Sep-24

adwil

Sep-24

BerrySteph said:

"those who insist that the death of six million Jews in Nazi concentration camps is nothing but a hoax perpetrated by a powerful Zionist conspiracy"

What page is that quote on in the book?  I've seen the statement as part of a publisher's advert, but not in inverted commas. That suggests this isn't a quote from the book, UNLESS you can prove otherwise. 

adwil

Sep-24

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Thomas Cook, the world's oldest travel firm, collapses stranding hundreds of thousands of holidaymakers around the globe and sparking the largest peacetime repatriation effort in British history.

It's a bit bigger than the Monarch Airlines business a few years back. I have friends in Turkey who are being repatriated. It seems very well organised.

There will be an investigation into Thomas Cook's problems. The finger is being pointed at the owners who allegedly took £85 million from the business during the last few years.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-27

But I liked Boaty McBoatface!

adwil

Sep-27

"a more dignified title than the public's choice of Boaty McBoatface."

I liked that name too, but in Britain, the public are usually ignored by our 'masters' in government.

PTG (anotherPTG)

Oct-1

I'm sure that if we scrabble around in our laws, somewhere it will say that this is an act of Treason!

"Off with their heads!"

BerrySteph

Oct-1

Di (amina046) said:

This latest scam takes social engineering to a whole new level.

Sorry, how does such a pathetic fraud such as this become world-wide news?

For such a poorly drafted scam to be sent by regular mail is bizarre—especially given the would-be fraud revolves around cryptocurrency. https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2019/09/30/bitcoin-fraudsters-pose-as-queen-elizabeth-ii-to-fund-quick-brexit/#617ff7f57a8e

We must all be desperate for anything to titillate us.

Di (amina046)

Oct-2

Well you read it, didn’t you?