Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

US News - General   America - all of it

Started 7/17/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 32098 views.
katiek2

May-16

He is encouraging states to open that feel they are in a position to open safely.  We have governors telling their states they won't open until a vaccine is ready.  Fauci and others are saying there may not be a vaccine for years.  Trump says we will have one by year end, "at least I hope so"; We have government officials telling parents their kids may not be able to go back to school for years.  The mayor of the city where my son lives has banned walking on the beach, but says it's OK to surf and boogie board.  Tell me, how do you get to the water without walking on the sand.  They are not thinking clearly.  Aside from wanting to be open for fun things, we NEED to open in order to survive.  Kids have to go back to school, parents have to work.  We are in such a deep state of shit right now we won't dig out of it for years.  Pelosi is sitting in her home office scribbling out bills with no input from either the House or the Senate.  The Senate is at work, but the House refuses to come to work.  They're still getting paid by the way.  They have either forgotten what it takes to raise a family and survive in this world, or they have never had to face a week or month or year without a paycheck.  The people they are supposed to represent, and that pay their salaries want to go back to work.  We are adults, we know the risks and are willing to do what is necessary to mitigate them, but we are not willing to sit in our homes any longer staring at the walls.  

-

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

May-17

That is true.

The climate changes.

It always will.

But we know that humans are making it happen faster.  The sad part is, we just don't care.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

May-17

I think this is a real eye-opener for all Americans to examine their governments, from Federal, to state to local and really observe them in a crisis.

But more than that, will the states work together over borders if different rules apply to different states and counties?

November will be a referendum on the overall job performance, however the lead-up is going to be a toxic campaign of blame.

I don't envy you at all.

In reply toRe: msg 297
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

May-17

In reply toRe: msg 298
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

May-17

In reply toRe: msg 299
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host