Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Dopey Donald   America - all of it

Started 7/26/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 15013 views.
ElDotardo

May-3

Is Trump a racist?

It's next to impossible to turn on the TV and not see another story declaring with utmost certitude that President Trump is a racist. 

Is he?  You decide:

• For 14 years, NBC made Trump the host of its prime-time television series, The Apprentice, something the network would never have done had there been even a hint of racism in his past. 
  • Trump was a high-profile real estate developer in New York City, one of the most liberal jurisdictions in America.  Had he been infected with racism, he would have faced insurmountable hurdles getting his projects approved. 
  • Before running for president, Trump donated $1.5 million to high-profile Democrat candidates, including Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, and Andrew Cuomo, none of whom would have accepted a dime from him if there was a shred of doubt about his racial bona fides.

Only when Trump became the GOP presidential nominee did Democrats hurl racial hand grenades his way at every turn.  Maybe they didn't know about the time he drove a stake in the heart of institutional racism in South Florida...

When Trump fought the racists

In 1985, 31 years before being elected president, Trump bought the 126-room, 62,500-sq-ft Mar-a-Lago estate, the magnificent Palm Beach, Florida seaside resort built by Post Cereals heiress Margaret Merriwether Post.  The brash New York real estate developer was intent on turning his newly acquired property into a private club that would compete with other high-society clubs in the area, which barred blacks and Jews from membership.

When Trump, then 39, revealed that memberships at his proposed club would be offered without regard to race or religion, the Palm Beach town council imposed zoning restrictions to prevent him from turning Mar-a-Lago into a club.  Sensing that the restrictions were intended to perpetuate the discriminatory practices of the Old South social order in Palm Beach, Trump went head-to-head with the town council.

As part of his strategy to bring long overdue social change to the upper echelon of Palm Beach society, he sent the city commissioners a copy of the Sidney Poitier movie Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, a film about upper-class racism.  When the commissioners still wouldn't budge, Trump filed a $100-million lawsuit, and the rest is history.

Under Trump's ownership, Mar-a-Lago has been open from the beginning to anyone who could qualify, regardless of race or religion.  Influenced in part by Trump's ground-breaking example, other clubs in the area slowly began doing away with discriminatory policies.  Today, all high-society clubs in Palm Beach are open to blacks and Jews.  Long before he ran for president, Donald Trump was dismantling racial barriers in South Florida, not something a racist would do.

Note: The narration above was condensed from this American Spectator article titled "When Trump Fought the Racists."

President Trump is fulfilling his promise to reach out to the black community  

In 2018, President Trump signed a clemency plea for a black American grandmother who had served 20 years of a life sentence for a nonviolent drug offense.  Hollywood celebrity Kim Kardashian brought Alice Marie Johnson's plight to the attention of President Trump, who ordered her set free.  "I felt like I was losing hope.  Thank you, President Trump.  I love you and I am going to make
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
MEDDLY said:

"...4.54...” Is that an "eerily" prediction that #45 is going to be a one-term (4 years) potus?

Or the planet only has four years since he started work...

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
ElDotardo said:

Is Trump a racist?

I prefer Anthony Scaramucci's answer to the question:

"He can say that he’s not a racist, and I agree with him, okay? And let me explain to you why he’s not a racist, ’cause this is very important. He’s actually worse than a racist. He is so narcissistic, he doesn’t see people as people. He sees them as objects in his field of vision. And so therefore, that’s why he has no empathy. It’s why he gives a thumbs up next to an orphaned baby after a mass shooting. That’s why when someone’s leaning over the desk and asks [Nobel Prize–winning human rights activist Nadia Murad], “Well, what happened to your family members?”—they were murdered—he just looks at her and says, “Okay, when are we getting coffee here?”"

ElDotardo

May-4

Well, Karen, what can I say? Should I express some feigned surprise that you prefer the words of a discredited little weasel to the objective reality of Trump's history?

Not a chance.

Sympathy?

Nah, you seem to be a willing dupe.

So it goes . . .

Thumbnail

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I still don't know who Karen is, so if it's an insult, I don't get it.

And you didn't get what Tony said, if you're still banging on about Trump being a racist.

Trump is not a racist.

That was the point of the quote.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

So well said!

It is a complete delusion that Trump will ever be held to account for anything he has ever done.

Hell, he'll probably get re-elected!

Zero consequences.

ElDotardo

May-5

Your delusions have delusions, Karen. You are just as quick to demand consequences for Trump's imagined wrong doing as you are to dismiss the credible charges against a fellow Leftist.

Oh, well, so it goes . . .

Was Trump right about disinfectants?

On April 23 at the daily COVID-19 briefing, President Trump mused about the possible use of light and disinfectants to combat the virus (video). The mainstream media immediately broke out in a viral epidemic of overreaction, alleging the president had suggested that folks ingest Clorox and other bleaches. If Donald Trump weren’t president, he could sue for such lies. In any event, it appears the president may have been on to something.

On the May 1 edition of Fox New’s The Ingraham Angle, Laura Ingraham focused on the possibility of using “disinfectants” to combat the Wuhan virus. Laura quoted Dr. Burton Dickey, co-founder of Pulmotect: “The drug lands on the surface of lung epithelial cells and signals them to produce superoxide and peroxide for several days… Similar to the way bleach kills germs on a kitchen table, superoxide and peroxide in the lungs rapidly kill germs that are inhaled.”

Ingraham then interviewed the two top guys at Pulmotect Inc., Colin Broom and Leo Linbeck. What their approach is all about is enlisting the innate immune system to fight infection. Here’s Linbeck:

Nature has evolved this really exquisite mechanism for getting your lungs to secrete superoxides at the time they need them… We’ve been able to figure out how to stimulate that, so that we can sorta turn on your innate immunity and put it on high alert. This is your front line defense. And by doing that we can prevent the infection in the lungs, and that’s the game, right. The game here is to stop pneumonia. Pneumonia is what kills people.

And pneumonia is what necessitates the use of ventilators when Covid patients experience the cytokine storm. Laura continued: “We do have innate immunity, and we have to make sure we can trigger it if possible. And that’s what you’re trying to do here, correct?” Linbeck:

That’s correct. We really have two immune systems. We have an innate immune system and an adaptive immune system. A lot of the attention is focused on vaccines and antibodies and those really leverage the adaptive immune system. We’re focused on the innate immune system, and stimulating that. And what’s really exciting about the innate immune system is it is not specific to a pathogen. So if we can figure out a way to unlock and harness the power of the innate immune system, then not only can we protect against Covid, but future emerging pathogens could also be responsive to the same treatments.

The entire segment lasts about 6½ minutes, and to watch it click here and then click on minute 25 on the progress bar. You may be required to sit through a minute of ads. Then you might check out the Pulmotect website.

For the record, at the April 23 briefing the word “disinfectant” appeared exactly four times, and was used only once by Pr
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message