Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Dopey Donald   America - all of it

Started 7/26/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 26754 views.
slackerx

Aug-14

You know, when my wife was a child some 60 years or so ago, her and her brothers would would walk down into the valley every day and get some water from el rio Guachicono, and carry it back up to the house, balancing the water on her head while she danced her way up the hill to her house. Of course, being kids, they would splash each other with the water on the way back up and would have to go back down and get more water. 

If the water in el rio Guachicono was to dirty to drink, she would climb a little mountain in her back yard, and dig a hole in the ground at the top to somehow collect rain water there for her and her family to drink. 

I suppose that it is a matter of cultural differences, but she sometimes talks about how white gringo culture takes water for granted, and that we sometimes waste water, without realizing how important water is to human survival. Especially for folks who are most marginalized in society. 

I suppose that it is a part of white privilege. 

I suspect that a lot of white folds just don’t understand what it is like to grow up poor.

• Edited August 14, 2020 5:53 pm  by  slackerx
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-15

katiek2 said:

Hi SquaddyB - how refreshing to see someone with a sense of humor who knows exactly what Trump is doing.

He was obviously joking about his hair.

It's nice to see him be a little self-depreciating.

And I feel his pain.  My flat when I was at university had the WORST hot water pressure!

I could never get the shampoo and conditioner out of my hair without a cold shower and my bath took AN HOUR to fill!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-15

OK, your story wins.

CzoeMC

Aug-15

SQUADDYB said:

The guy is a genius!

Yeah, he is a most "stable genius", comparable to a horse's a**. And what vanity!

*"You turn on the shower -- if you're like me, you can't wash your beautiful hair properly," said President Donald Trump at an Ohio Whirlpool manufacturing plant visit. "'Please come out,' The water -- it drips, right?"

He might be better served by trying a facial mask, or exercise or something.

• Edited August 15, 2020 3:46 am  by  CzoeMC

My wife was born in El Estrecho. Parts of this video was filmed in El Estrecho. In fact, from 2:45-2:48, you can hear the guy saying, "La gente de El Estrecho".

Other parts were obviosly filmed in Galindez, like at 0:15, where the woman is dancing in front of the bridge "Dos Rios" in Galindez. 

AMANECER BAILANDO SON DEL TUNO

AMANECER BAILANDO SON DEL TUNO - YouTube ...

SQUADDYB

Aug-15

>>I suspect that a lot of white folds just don’t understand what it is like to grow up poor.<<<

Now I KNOW - you really do live in cloud cuckoo land!!!!!!!

I assume that now, your wifes "auld sod,"  has moved into the 21st century and has free flowing tap water - correct?

SQUADDYB

Aug-15

I think, we will find that a heck of a lot of people who are on the left know so, as well. They just choose to ignore that simple fact, and try to manipulate what ever he says in a veiled attempt to make him look bad.

• Edited August 15, 2020 11:37 am  by  SQUADDYB
In reply toRe: msg 238
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-20

In reply toRe: msg 239
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-20