Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Commonwealth refugees swilling chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Dopey Donald   America - all of it

Started Jul-26 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 1823 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-18

It's 1000 days... or is that years?

Analysis

RGoss99

Oct-18

What no golf, no midnight tweets

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-19

Strangely quiet... no fanfare, no boasting...

Too quiet...

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-20

Speaking of golf...

RGoss99

Oct-20

Finally a smart move. Would not it be nice if Trump ran his ideas by some honest advisers before opening his mouth. The crits were my first thought when he made the stupid announcement, before the media and Dem crits weighed in.

Camp David, is equally stupid, it is a camp, a sport shirt and levi environment. For previous conferences, the delegates stayed a 5 star hotels. I doubt if many of them are into campling in the woods. 

A few years back, I was on the BCN rambla facing the "Liceu" opera house. when a similar conference was being attended, foreign ministers from all of the E.U. Americas, Arab oil states, etc. Barcelona has a lot of good hotels, so the delegates were scattered for accomodation, met at a convention center for small meetings, and the Liceu for general sessions. They arrived by bus, and all were in suits and ties, not really the style at Camp David, which is really designed for small or one on one informal meetings and does not have the infrastructure for something of this size.

Besides, since Mar-a-Lego probable does not have the physical infrastructure or security for somethng of this size, so it would probably end up with a government upgrade at tax payer´s expense. when Reagan was president he had discrete meetings at his ranch above Santa Barbara which he used as a Western White House - by necessity the tax payer did an upgrade to house security, communications, etc. All of whch became a part of the Reagan estate, The same for Nixon at San Clemente, after resigning as president, he sold it for double what he had invested in it. 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-21

Interesting...

I remember when we had the G8 in Brisbane (back when Putin was allowed, and we had Obama).

The US security had to completely rip up an entire floor of a hotel to lay their own secure wiring and internet cables, plus security cameras.

They removed it all before leaving.

So when Trump says he would offer his resort at cost, with no expense to the tax payer, he is either lying or has NO CLUE as to the demands of the security of each nation and their leaders.

In reply toRe: msg 30
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-21

Analysis

RGoss99

Oct-21

Probably a combination of no clue and not telling the truth.

A symptom of a childish mentality. When an immature kid is asked a question he knows he should have the answer to but doesn´t, he usually lies.