Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Commonwealth refugees swilling chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

brexit - A Jonathan Pie analysis!   The U.K and Europe

Started Aug-12 by PTG (anotherPTG); 6436 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-24

Are you saying that this might all work out in the end?

How uncharacteristically optimistic of you.

BerrySteph

Aug-24

I'm desperately hoping there's something positive in Brexit.

Keep out all the furriners, for one thing.

But that's not going to happen under BoJo.

However, I do detect one possible advantage, as will make a vast difference in the event of a climate catastrophe.

We'll lose 50% of our arable land when the sea rises just 5m (obviously, mostly estuaries). What we really need is a whole bunch more quite close.

PTG (anotherPTG)

Aug-28

Boris Suspends Democracy

No matter which way you voted, our democracy is looking pretty shitty right now. For tickets to see Jonathan Pie: The FAKE NEWS Tour go to https://www.jonath...

BerrySteph

Aug-28

The news is pretty horrific.

BoJo has got the Queen to accept a prorogation of Parliament - about which she had no choice, since she takes advice from her Prime Minister.

This is very disturbing - BoJo claims to need a new Queens Speech to lay out his big-spending commitments - when in fact, the Treasury is likely to be in a fairly desperate position straight after Brexit.

bml00

Aug-29

The PM did not appear with a shotgun at the Palace and tell Mrs. Queen he would blow her brains out if she did not sign , she would have received in advance a draft for her to seek advice 

Meetings with Mrs Windsor are well planned well choreographed and whilst she signs her advisors give opinions of law and Royal protocol , she is despite all a figure head Monarchy with very little if any real power 

BM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-29

Gee, he got that one up quick! I'm just hearing about this news today!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-29

bml00 said:

Meetings with Mrs Windsor are well planned well choreographed and whilst she signs her advisors give opinions of law and Royal protocol , she is despite all a figure head Monarchy with very little if any real power

Be curious to know if she even had the option of saying "No, you cannot do this".

bml00

Aug-29

I am sure she has limited options on the other hand Corbyn leader of Labour has refused to stand for the Anthem so one in the eye for him

She is well advised on what is best and one of HM’s endearing abilities has been not to put a tootsie out of place ( unlike her kids and old man )

BM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-29

Asked and answered...

In reply toRe: msg 28
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-29