Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Commonwealth refugees swilling chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New ways to kill people   Africa and the Middle East

Started Aug-27 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 3269 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-27

bml00

Aug-27

NOTHING new in these drones they are in the arsenal of many nations including my own

BM

BerrySteph

Aug-27

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Troops on the battlefield could soon face a new threat - swarms of autonomous kamikaze drones loaded with explosives, according to a leading Australian military thinker.

More lies - the last western troops to go on a battlefield were the British on the Falkland Islands.

Such forces now only safeguard the things we want to steal and destroy everything else, along with the entire middle class. (In Iraq we even targeted and wiped out academics and higher education).

bml00

Aug-27

The Falklands were  1982 , the British and the US and the coalition were on Battlefields against the Iraqis in the 90's

BM

In reply toRe: msg 4
BerrySteph

Aug-27

bml00 said:

the British and the US and the coalition were on Battlefields against the Iraqis in the 90's

Dubious indeed. We've not been invaded and probably never could be.

Despite planning and training for it, pretty unlikely ever to happen in Israel either.

The only "battleground" is what we'll deliberately create in nations that cannot retaliate and don't enter - like Syria.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-28

Which is the lie? That the drone weapons exist, or the semantics of the word "troops"?

bml00

Aug-28

A decade or more ago I mentioned the development in Israel of such drones , their purpose is not the battlefield but to act in urban warfare which is today the new battlefield , in the days of Old we spoke of Agincourt or Flanders tomorrow History will talk of the Battle of Aunt Fanny's Back Bedroom , few armies today are ready or able to take on the wars of old , the gigantic cost in men and machinery means new ways to contain the enemy has to be found .

Today a Drone can be as big as any aircraft or as small as an insect , the future will see them chemically smelling their targets as they come off the bus or the taxi etc

The British were on the battlefields of Iraq and in Afganisthan , the FAMOUS poster as usual finds honesty a baffling thing indeed

BM

BerrySteph

Aug-28

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Which is the lie? That the drone weapons exist, or the semantics of the word "troops"?

The lie is that there is any battlefield to speak of - drones rendered the concept entirely obsolete.

I don't think there was any battlefield in Lebanon in 2006 for instance - Israel just attacked schools and hospitals and murdered the UN observers in their very clearly marked and very thickly protected UN post. There was no battlefield there, despite what Israel claimed.

Not even any battlefield in Syria even though parts of it were fought with poorly equipped fighters on both sides.

I could still be wrong (I'm sure BM will angrily accuse me of it) but I doubt if he'll seriously dispute what I say.

Drone weapons exist - Israel has been targeting civilians with them for years.

But the second lie is that drone weapons threaten Israel. That's not going to happen for years - and I'm pretty sure that the first ones will not be hi-tech and autonomous. They will be sports equipment (western made) based and suicide guided.

bml00

Aug-28

FYI this week a major attack on Israel by Iranian drones was thwarted by the IDF https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-strikes-in-syria-to-thwart-drone-attack-on-israel-by-iranian-forces/

https://www.dw.com/en/israel-imminent-iranian-killer-drone-attack-foiled/a-50154790

it was in most major newspapers except of course the papers that our brain dead correspodent reads (Noddy goes out West)

The Syrians are developing with Iranian assistance Drones - the Iranians have Drones so do Hezbollah so do Hamas so do the Houthi they are now stock in trade must have forms of observation and possible modes of launching attacks .

The game (if you can call it that) is to stay ahead of the opposition  

If ever anybody was 8 beats behind the band it was numbnuts

BM

• Edited August 28, 2019 7:02 am  by  bml00