Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Commonwealth refugees swilling chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Religious Discrimination Laws   Religion

Started Aug-29 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 435 views.
In reply toRe: msg 3
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-23

In reply toRe: msg 4
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-29

In reply toRe: msg 5
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-21

BerrySteph

Nov-7

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

This is Australia's most religious neighbourhood

Is this really something to acclaim?

A group of suburbs in Western Sydney are among the country’s most religious postcodes, according to the 2016 Census, but you couldn’t fairly call the area a “Bible belt”.

Eighty-five per cent of residents in the post codes that cover Greenacre, Chullora, Bossley Park and Horsley Park do have a religious affiliation, but the doctrines differ.

In postcode 2190, including Greenacre and surrounds, the same number of people identify as Christian as they do Muslim.

In neighbouring 2176, including Bossley Park and surrounds, the number of Christians triples and there are six times as many Buddhists as Muslims.

“We’re one of the most religiously diverse countries in the world,” said Dr Gary Bouma, who is an expert on religious diversity at Monash University in Melbourne and an Anglican priest.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

There was recently a massive "opinion poll" done in Australia.

The ABC has been trotting out the results in specific articles over the last week.

This one seemed relevant to current discussions.

Unless you want me to print the article related to Australians' attitudes to superannuation.

BerrySteph

Nov-8

Unless you want me to print the article related to Australians' attitudes to superannuation.

Yes - I know I'll be hooted at but I'd find the attitude of Australians to the old and sick many times more relevant to understanding you and your country. 

Unless you wish to point out that some communities are nests of terrorists, in which case of course I'm all ears.

How about blackmailing the government of Australia, does that happen and are we allowed to talk about it?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
BerrySteph said:

Yes - I know I'll be hooted at but I'd find the attitude of Australians to the old and sick many times more relevant to understanding you and your country.

That's why we're having a Royal Commission into aged care right now.

BerrySteph

Nov-9

That's why we're having a Royal Commission into aged care right now.

Your report on it will be studied and commented on.

Telling us that parts of Australia are more infested with God-botherers than others will not - other than to suggest such articles are pointless.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Nov-10

Then don't read them.

You don't get to dictate what I find interesting and what I wish to put in my forum.