Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

BoJo the Boofhead   The U.K and Europe

Started 9/19/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 15333 views.
In reply toRe: msg 101
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-29

adwil

May-1

"Boris Johnson is being accused of callousness over the COVID-19 death toll and impropriety over party donations." 

We have local elections across the UK and also a key parliamentary election, all on the 6th May. There are also Mayoral and Police Commissioner elections.

It's quite noticeable that the number of sleaze rumours about Johnson and the Gov have really proliferated in the last week,  although, apart from the one from Cummings, they're all anonymous, but, but of course, the journalists are getting very excited and the opposition parties are hoping that Johnson's 10% poll lead will be reduced.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

The UK press can't resist a salacious headline.

I just hope the voting public focus on the appalling record.

adwil

May-6

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

I just hope the voting public focus on the appalling record.

It's actually quite a good record compared to previous PMs. However, these votes are all about local issues. so Borisphilia or phobia shouldn't come into it. except in the Parliamentary by-election in Hartlepool, currently held by Labour. The rest are Mayoral, Police Commissioner, or local council elections.

Where I live, most people will vote for independent candidates, as I have. We used to be solid Labour, (as I was) when we had our own local council. That was reorganised by the Labour Gov in 2009 and we're now part of County Durham. Since then there's been a steady decline in  Labour votes locally.