Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Impeach, or get off the pot!   America - all of it

Started 9/23/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 28977 views.
jra2750

11/7/19

Government schools R set up to reinforce new generations with the stories about G. Washington who couldn't tell a lie and Abraham Lincoln who fought against slavery...he did not.  Both men were politicians to their core and lied.  

It's not for nothing that we instill in our young and pliable minds falsities so that they tow the line through young adulthood on to the end.  Where did our founders get these notions?  From the Good Book.  So when Some say that America was based on the bible they have a salient point after all.  

To consider:  reflect on that last sentence and then ponder Why it didn't take very long B4 our elected officials in Washington made Manifest Destiny a primary task...it was the beginning of Imperial America.  We the People had nothing to do with it. 

BerrySteph

11/7/19

jra2750 said:

Where did our founders get these notions?  From the Good Book.  So when Some say that America was based on the bible they have a salient point after all.   ... didn't take very long B4 our elected officials in Washington made Manifest Destiny a primary task...it was the beginning of Imperial America.  We the People had nothing to do with it. 

You reckon it was driven by Christianity? More than, say, land-hunger?

So what's going on in the Middle East now - the same Christian need for Lebensraum?

jra2750

11/10/19

Considering the times I think it was Christianity with a heavy dose of land hunger.  

As for our present-day forays into places we have no business going in:  We R told that it's because we must - that we either fight 'them' over there or here...self interest.

BerrySteph

11/11/19

jra2750 said:

Considering the times I think it was Christianity with a heavy dose of land hunger.  

Hmmm - you may be right. Or Christianity may appeal to northern populations that see a huge seasonal difference and feel a need to outrun famine. Make any sense? Contrasts with southen and near-tropical populations driven more by cooperation with neighbours?

jra2750 said:

As for our present-day forays into places we have no business going in:  We R told that it's because we must - that we either fight 'them' over there or here...self interest.

I've suddenly become almost pacifist - I've stopped believing we were in any danger from the Nazis. Or are really threatened the Russians now. Our money-laundering and bristling population contrasts sharply with their setup and threatens them.

I've then spotted an even a wider point - the Zionists find my pacifism threatening and insist its antisemitism. That's because they're dedicated to "Eternal Conflict". Always were, but have only recently (2011) started boasting of it.

bml00

11/11/19

I've suddenly become almost pacifist - I've stopped believing we were in any danger from the Nazis. Or are really threatened the Russians now. Our money-laundering and bristling population contrasts sharply with their setup and threatens them.

I've then spotted an even a wider point - the #### find my pacifism threatening and insist its ####. That's because they're dedicated to "Eternal Conflict". Always were, but have only recently (2011) started boasting of it.

Is ANY of the above connected to Impeachment ???????????????????

RGoss99

11/11/19

You are confusing the concept of impeachment investigation with a trial. Your complaints would be valid if Trump was on trial, but in this case, your imaginary rights or justice does not apply to a collection of evidence prior to a charge. As I have seen it, no one´s constitutional rights have been violated by the house´s investigation.

Can you provide any specific examples?

RGoss99

11/11/19

Actually there is a relation between the Mueller report and the present situation.

M´s report did not clear Trump, it simply said insufficient evidence to make a charge.

However the evidence of collusion  while insufficient, seems to coincide with sufficient evidence that he was participating in a future  collusion with the Ukraine over the next election that corresponds to that which was insufficient regarding the same thing in the past election, e.g. relevant.

RGoss99

11/11/19

Good valid points, but your opposition is neither listening nor interested. If one starts from a position that Trump is innocent, any evidence that this is not so, Will cause a negative reaction based on a self imposed filter that blocks out logical thinking.

BerrySteph

11/11/19

RGoss99 said:

Good valid points, but your opposition is neither listening nor interested.

After years of jeering at that kind of idiocy I'm aghast to notice, just in the last 3 months or so, that something terrible is going wrong with my politics too.