Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Impeach, or get off the pot!   America - all of it

Started 9/23/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 26771 views.
Di (amina046)

Dec-19

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Dec-20

jra2750 said:

Sigh...U R a dreamer Jennifer. I OTOH M a realist as well as a skeptic.

Unashamedly!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Dec-20

Did you follow the link and read the op-ed?

It was very compelling.

I hope it cuts through.

In reply toRe: msg 245
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Dec-20

In reply toRe: msg 246
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Dec-20

Analysis

In reply toRe: msg 247
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Dec-20

Analysis

BerrySteph

Dec-20

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Trump is officially impeached. American democracy will go on, but not as we know it The impeachment of Donald Trump surprised exactly no-one. The bigger question is whether democracy in the United States, as we know it, can survive in the wake of it, writes David Lipson.

Lets be clear - Americans took notice of the Hitler revolution on 8th/9th March 1933 and they wanted a Fuhrer too. The Business Plot, as would have replaced FDR with General Butler was planned for August. FDR stood the US military down for the next 6 years, not fighting any wars from 1935-1940 - the only break of its kind right in the middle of that well recognised time of international peace and security.

Americans have now got a Fuhrer and vast numbers of them (but this time, not the military that we know of) are desperate not to lose him.

So, what does all of this mean for American democracy?

It doesn't augur well.

Consider this: every American president of the future could soon be given full congressional approval to pressure a foreign power to investigate domestic political rivals.

Imagine if Scott Morrison, while withholding crucial military aid to East Timor, asked President Francisco Guterres for a "favour".

That favour would require the Timorese leader to announce on ABC News the commencement of an investigation into corruption involving Anthony Albanese in the run-up to an election.

Now imagine the Australian Parliament voting to show its support for such behaviour.

It's almost unimaginable, but it's what will happen in Washington if Mr Trump is found not guilty in the US Senate.

Very good analogy.

jra2750

Dec-20

It's not that I M not 'flexible'...it's just that I M right for the most part so Y would I even bother to consider changing my mind?

BerrySteph

Dec-20

jra2750 said:

It's not that I M not 'flexible'...it's just that I M right for the most part so Y would I even bother to consider changing my mind?

You're right quite a lot of the time.

But you do go off the rails at intervals.

And I find it difficult to understand why you didn't challenge me on points such as this:

1) There are good indications that the US wanted a European War.

2) it had to be on their terms, we must side with the Soviets and gang up against the much less nasty dictatorships of Germany/Spain/Italy and Japan.

3) Americans must not be allowed their own Fuhrer (as they tried with Butler in 1933) 

4) Chaim Weizmann had been a very important emissary in WW1 and clearly wanted there to be WW2. On behalf of his gang of Zionists he/they declared their own war in a (shortly public) letter to Chamberlain. (As Hitler had warned them against in January 1939 his first directly "antisemitic" statement for many years).

5) Little understood but it appears that Poland (from which Jews were being pushed into Germany! and where other German speakers attacked) was being encouraged to aggravate and threaten Germany. A war started by Poland would be very damaging and difficult to win, best to strike first.

6) Churchill had been saved from bankruptcy and the loss of his house by international financiers (not Jews), enabling him to continue to build his cabal, and fed intelligence that nobody else was privy to. On one occasion, Churchill stood up in the House and over-estimated the strength of the Luftwaffe by a factor of six.

7) once Chamberlain had been somehow persuaded to declare war, he was replaced by a notorious drunk, never done anything notable in his life (except propagandise), shunned out of government and any authority for 10 years but determined to be a great war leader and accept nothing less than Germany's total defeat.

8) Maybe, if the US and the UK had stayed out of the war, Stalin would have been defeated - perhaps bloodessly - and there would have been no Holocaust?

Msg 994.252 deleted