Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Impeach, or get off the pot!   America - all of it

Started 9/23/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 28111 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

12/21/19

BerrySteph said:

Imagine if Scott Morrison, while withholding crucial military aid to East Timor, asked President Francisco Guterres for a "favour". That favour would require the Timorese leader to announce on ABC News the commencement of an investigation into corruption involving Anthony Albanese in the run-up to an election.

The problem here is, no one in Australia would give a shit.

Your bog-standard bogan wouldn't even know where East Timor was.

Perhaps that explains why Trump is getting away with this Ukraine business.

The average voter is a moron who could not care less.

It's everywhere that has the luxury of a free election with no police or tanks to keep things in line.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

12/21/19

jra2750 said:

It's not that I M not 'flexible'...it's just that I M right for the most part so Y would I even bother to consider changing my mind?

Well... I mean if you're always right.  There's no point ever listening, reading or even looking at anything ever again.

Enjoy the quiet, slow release of death.

After all, it's the only new experience that will ever happen to you for the rest of your life.

BerrySteph

12/21/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

The problem here is, no one in Australia would give a shit.

Nobody would give a shit if a foreign leader, recipient of Ozzie aid, was pressured into libelling an Ozzie opposition party leader?

jra2750

12/21/19

Ah but I do read and listen.  And as I said I M flexible - when the occasion calls for it.  I M a proud Fence-sitter (an Independent) who ponders situations/people and then makes a decision which is rarely if ever changed AFTER that pondering.

I was a Republican for most of my  adult life.  I even voted (with trepidation) for GHW Bush and then for his son 4 one term also with trepidation.  It was at that time that I CHANGED from a Republican to an Independent.  I voted for Obama and for Hillary (her with trepidation).  And during local elections I usually vote half Dem and half Republican regardless of the candidates positions.  I want a 2 party system to continue.  

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

12/22/19

No, because if anything went wrong with any of our leaders then a leadership spill occurs and they're kicked out.

No impeachment, no elections, they are just replaced overnight.

BerrySteph

12/22/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

if anything went wrong with any of our leaders then a leadership spill occurs and they're kicked out. No impeachment, no elections, they are just replaced overnight

The Parliamentary system really is much better than the Presidential one.

jra2750

12/23/19

No question that U  R much more into international issues than I M.  I'm curious about # 7:  Churchill was followed by a drunk???  Who was that?  By the way I never have been a fan of Winnie.  

jra2750

12/23/19

Anthony Eden (#7)...he botched up Suez I believe.

BerrySteph

12/24/19

jra2750 said:

No question that U  R much more into international issues than I M.  I'm curious about # 7:  Churchill was followed by a drunk???  Who was that?  By the way I never have been a fan of Winnie.  

Read it again:

7) once Chamberlain had been somehow persuaded to declare war, he was replaced by a notorious drunk, never done anything notable in his life (except propagandise), shunned out of government and any authority for 10 years but determined to be a great war leader and accept nothing less than Germany's total defeat.

BerrySteph

12/24/19

jra2750 said:

Anthony Eden (#7)...he botched up Suez I believe.

Suez was a huge scandal because it was it was a gang attack alongside notorious thieving racist criminals and was a cover for further ethnic cleansing.

... two senior Egyptian military intelligence officials linked to fedayeen operations were killed by mail bombs sent by Israeli intelligence.[1] Israeli mines and other measures resulted in the death of between 2,700 and 5,000 infiltrators, mostly unarmed, before the attack on Suez and Gaza in 1956.[51] 

Israelis are divided on the actual number of deaths caused by the "fedayeen", Martin Gilbert claiming that 967 Israelis between 1951 and 1955.[52] 

Benny Morris says that this number is "3-5 times higher than the figures given in contemporary Israeli reports".[53] Dozens of these attacks are claimed by the Israeli government.[54][55] 

Israel was condemned by the UNSC for 17 raids into and 31 attacks on Arab towns.[56] United Nations reports indicate that Israel launched more than 17 raids on Egyptian territory and 31 attacks on Arab towns or military forces before 1956.[57] 

Another Israeli historian, Avi Shlaim claims that all Arab governments attempted to curb infiltration until 1954, when Egypt broke ranks.[58] Israeli sources cite the attacks as the reason for the 1956 attack on Suez, they certainly rose considerably in 1955, 260 killed or wounded according to the ADL.[59] Chomsky says there were no Israeli casualties when Israeli entered Khan Yunis[60] killing 275 Palestinians, and a further 111 in the Rafah refugee camp.[61] 

General Mustafa Hafez of Egypt is said to have founded Palestinian fedayeen units "to launch terrorist raids across Israel's southern border."[62] Ian Lustick writes that among the "engineered eve-of-war lies and deceptions ... designed to give Israel the excuse needed to launch its strike [on Egypt]" was the presentation to journalists of a group of captured fedayeen, who were in fact Israeli soldiers.[63] https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Israeli_targeted_killings