Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Impeach, or get off the pot!   America - all of it

Started Sep-23 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 22396 views.
jra2750

Dec-21

Ah but I do read and listen.  And as I said I M flexible - when the occasion calls for it.  I M a proud Fence-sitter (an Independent) who ponders situations/people and then makes a decision which is rarely if ever changed AFTER that pondering.

I was a Republican for most of my  adult life.  I even voted (with trepidation) for GHW Bush and then for his son 4 one term also with trepidation.  It was at that time that I CHANGED from a Republican to an Independent.  I voted for Obama and for Hillary (her with trepidation).  And during local elections I usually vote half Dem and half Republican regardless of the candidates positions.  I want a 2 party system to continue.  

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Dec-22

No, because if anything went wrong with any of our leaders then a leadership spill occurs and they're kicked out.

No impeachment, no elections, they are just replaced overnight.

BerrySteph

Dec-22

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

if anything went wrong with any of our leaders then a leadership spill occurs and they're kicked out. No impeachment, no elections, they are just replaced overnight

The Parliamentary system really is much better than the Presidential one.

jra2750

Dec-23

No question that U  R much more into international issues than I M.  I'm curious about # 7:  Churchill was followed by a drunk???  Who was that?  By the way I never have been a fan of Winnie.  

jra2750

Dec-23

Anthony Eden (#7)...he botched up Suez I believe.

BerrySteph

Dec-24

jra2750 said:

No question that U  R much more into international issues than I M.  I'm curious about # 7:  Churchill was followed by a drunk???  Who was that?  By the way I never have been a fan of Winnie.  

Read it again:

7) once Chamberlain had been somehow persuaded to declare war, he was replaced by a notorious drunk, never done anything notable in his life (except propagandise), shunned out of government and any authority for 10 years but determined to be a great war leader and accept nothing less than Germany's total defeat.

BerrySteph

Dec-24

jra2750 said:

Anthony Eden (#7)...he botched up Suez I believe.

Suez was a huge scandal because it was it was a gang attack alongside notorious thieving racist criminals and was a cover for further ethnic cleansing.

... two senior Egyptian military intelligence officials linked to fedayeen operations were killed by mail bombs sent by Israeli intelligence.[1] Israeli mines and other measures resulted in the death of between 2,700 and 5,000 infiltrators, mostly unarmed, before the attack on Suez and Gaza in 1956.[51] 

Israelis are divided on the actual number of deaths caused by the "fedayeen", Martin Gilbert claiming that 967 Israelis between 1951 and 1955.[52] 

Benny Morris says that this number is "3-5 times higher than the figures given in contemporary Israeli reports".[53] Dozens of these attacks are claimed by the Israeli government.[54][55] 

Israel was condemned by the UNSC for 17 raids into and 31 attacks on Arab towns.[56] United Nations reports indicate that Israel launched more than 17 raids on Egyptian territory and 31 attacks on Arab towns or military forces before 1956.[57] 

Another Israeli historian, Avi Shlaim claims that all Arab governments attempted to curb infiltration until 1954, when Egypt broke ranks.[58] Israeli sources cite the attacks as the reason for the 1956 attack on Suez, they certainly rose considerably in 1955, 260 killed or wounded according to the ADL.[59] Chomsky says there were no Israeli casualties when Israeli entered Khan Yunis[60] killing 275 Palestinians, and a further 111 in the Rafah refugee camp.[61] 

General Mustafa Hafez of Egypt is said to have founded Palestinian fedayeen units "to launch terrorist raids across Israel's southern border."[62] Ian Lustick writes that among the "engineered eve-of-war lies and deceptions ... designed to give Israel the excuse needed to launch its strike [on Egypt]" was the presentation to journalists of a group of captured fedayeen, who were in fact Israeli soldiers.[63] https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Israeli_targeted_killings

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Dec-31

Analysis

In reply toRe: msg 263
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-18

BerrySteph

Jan-18

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

US President Donald Trump assembles a high-profile legal team to defend himself in the Senate, including a key figure in the impeachment proceedings against Bill Clinton.

I was vaguely aware that the impeachment of Clinton was corrupt.

I had no idea that the US was going to go so badly off the rails as we see now.