Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Crimes of War   World Wide WTF?

Started 10/16/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 140236 views.
BerrySteph

3/20/20

SQUADDYB said:

The morons were cozying up next to terrorists carrying a RPG, probably trying to get " a spectacular " storyline.

If you were genuinely protesting terrorism then you'd stop doing it.

bml00

3/20/20

For 99% of this Forum war is the given posters version of what they THINK they would or could do , Berry in his own mind would talk the terrorist to death or if he was lucky corner him with a custard tart until the Bill arrived and if that failed they could talk about Zionists .

Nobody has ever shouldered a weapon in anger , You have and so have I and we both know that self preservation becomes paramount , your training was formatted on that one moment in time and the longer you have seen action the less chances you are going to take.

Only once in my entire career did I lose a tank and that was  in  Beirut, my tracks were blown from under us and we had to bale out, we were cornered and out gunned  , there were five of us they were slinging shit at us from everywhere , in that brief time 40 years ago nothing on this earth mattered but staying alive and fuck everybody else who did not , even today years and years later sitting at home you cant find words or put them together to express the abject horror and terror of those very few  hours till they could get us out .

These heroes have no idea what war is about not a single clue

BM

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

3/21/20

When I was watching the video, it was curious how my adrenaline picked up.

Multiply that by a thousand and add in genuine, real situation, fear and I understand how these things could happen.

But it doesn't make it right.

SquaddyB

3/21/20

My philosophy would be simple, alas, it would upset snowflakes just like you.

Carpet bomb the motherfuckers!

SquaddyB

3/21/20

I am sure, like me, you have the thousand yard stare! Something only we, and our brothers in arms, would understand!!!!

SquaddyB

3/21/20

The thing is, that Soldier had no way of knowing if the guy on the ground was armed. They were in conflict, not on a Sunday stroll to the ice cream parlor! 

If the Soldier had dragged the individual up and that individual stuffed a primed grenade down the front of the soldiers uniform, we would be debating a different subject - maybe not? 

There's always posters with a mindset like Grainne, who would declare, " tough shit, its his ( the Soldiers ) job," but if a civilian is killed then there's ALWAYS hell to pay with her ilk. 

I am confident however that you don't fall into that category!

bml00

3/22/20

how interesting - you can see the same look on any soldier who has been there and done it , that look that see's in all directions , there is an awareness of your surroundings that only few ever know about

BM

Harold27Z

3/29/20

bml00 said:

"an awareness of your surroundings".

I dare say soldiers patrolling Derry, South Armagh and West Belfast might wonder why they are not so welcome by their alleged compatriots.

Soldiers? In Northern Ireland? I thought they left after the GFA.