Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New build concentration camps   Africa and the Middle East

Started 10/20/19 by BerrySteph; 4110 views.

“Zionists” - ah, ok, you are one of those. Good bye.

BerrySteph

10/21/19

George Of The Jungle (GOTJ1) said:

“Zionists” - ah, ok, you are one of those. Good bye.

You can hardly deny that you're a buddy of BM and Adwil and have come here to muddy the water.

As I said, if you wish to have any discussion with me, then I'm only going to accept your input on a limited range of points, two of them in particular, as have been hammered out here to my great satisfaction.

1) The nasty religious fraud that that BM is spouting. Contrary to his claim, the Gaon of Vilna (d. 1797) cannot possibly be the inventor of and religious champion of Zionism as BM claims.

2) BM and his disgusting side-kick have failed to explain what David Irving is actually accused of falsifying (I'm still only aware of one of them - his falsification over the casualty figures for the bombing of Dresden - but I'm the only person to have even posted that in here!)

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

10/22/19

BerrySteph said:

You can hardly deny that you're a buddy of BM and Adwil and have come here to muddy the water.

George has only been a member of Delphi forums for 2 days.

Please don't scare him away from my forum.

I like to meet new people.

BerrySteph

10/22/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

I like to meet new people.

Fair enough. But I've seen this before. 

bml00

10/23/19

The Bedouin are Nomads and in a country smaller than New York or Wales there is no place for this way of life 

The Israeli Bedouin receive social security and of course national health welfare etc , many join the army and have obtained high rank

The way of life cannot be sustained in a state where every CM is vital for the future

Finally this is not an eviction they are being offered permanent residence in towns being built and in towns that exist

BM

BerrySteph

10/23/19

BM100 said:

Finally this is not an eviction they are being offered permanent residence in towns being built and in towns that exist

Doesn't he sicken you?

Do you know what these "towns" are like?

No pavements, no banks, no parks, one road in and out and no buses.

They, too, are mostly concentration camps (one is home for collaborators and that's still pretty bad).

bml00

10/23/19

Two towns/cities 

https://youtu.be/EP5rkz8Sirs

schools / running water / doctors / etc

BM

Ps This is the future of the Bedouin in Israel life is moving forward 

• Edited October 23, 2019 1:49 pm  by  bml00
BerrySteph

10/23/19

bml00 said:

Two towns/cities  https://youtu.be/EP5rkz8Sirs schools / running water / doctors / etc BM Ps This is the future of the Bedouin in Israel life is moving forward 

Don't lie, BM.

Rahat, the best of these townships has one bank for 30,000 people. One post office. One Community center. Reference Abu-Saad, Lithwick and Abu-Saad, 2004: 21

The internal road systems are very poor, often with no sidewalks and no street lighting - Reference: State Comptroller, 2002: 98-99 (this document in Hebrew only, I think).

One bus a day from Beersheba to Rahat, and it is the only bus service to go into any Bedouin town or village.

So in Rahat ("very low numbers of cars") the Bedouin get next to no access to the labor market, to any further education, to hospitals or any other government services. No trains. A phone system that is neither reliable nor sufficient (Abu-Saad and Lithwick, 2000: 28).

Some of the nearby "unrecognised villages" are not connected to the road system atall - I think I have that right - I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Entire schools operating out of porta-cabins (Forum for Arab Bedouin Education in the Negev, 2004: 2; 25-27).

... The irony is unmistakable: Jews who had been city dwellers for generations and arrived in Israel in the 1950s and '60s were sent to rural locales in order to engage in farming and raise sheep, while the Bedouin, who for innumerable generations made a living from sheep grazing and farming, were relocated to urban localities. 

All seven of these ["townships"] are urban localities, despite the fact that the Bedouin who were relocated to them had a nomadic tradition in the more distant past, and a farming tradition in the immediate past.

The government planners did not offer the Bedouin alternative types of communities that are available to the majority in Israel, such as moshavim or villages, which are more similar to their historical experience.   

The above based on, or quoting from: http://www.adva.org/UPLOADED/NegevEnglishFull.pdf "Invisible Citizens - Israel Government Policy Toward the Negev Bedouin"

CONTINUED:

BerrySteph

10/23/19

CONTINUED:

Living in Rehat continues to be dangled like bait to the homeless:

After planning officials distributed demolition warnings or orders on all the homes in the village of al-Sira in September 2006, village residents approached the authorities but found there were no alternatives envisaged for the community. Resident Khalil al-Amour told Human Rights Watch: "They always say ‘maybe'. Maybe you'll get a neighborhood when [the township of] Rahat expands; maybe you can go to the [newly planned] township of Marit which does not even exist yet. We are invisible people to them, so perhaps we can live in invisible houses." All the homes in the village now have demolition orders.  http://www.hrw.org/english/docs/2008/03/31/isrlpa18387.htm

Of course, Rahat is never going to be allowed to expand to take those people:

As Avinoam Meir puts it, the state has maintained the policy of shrinking "to the smallest figure possible the area in which the Bedouin are to live in order to intensify political control over them, and in order to reduce to the minimum the cost of physical and social infrastructure in the areas populated by them" (Meir, 1999: 20). 

In the words of Dr. Amer Al-Huzayyel, former strategic adviser to the Regional Council for Unrecognized Negev Villages, "it is no secret that the purpose of Israeli planning on the national and regional level is the Judaization of the planning space by concentrating the maximum number of Arabs on the minimum amount of land and dispersing the minimum number of Jews over the maximum amount of land" (AlHuzayyel, 2004:1).

How about water for the "full Israeli citizens with full citizenship rights"?

Compare Ofakim (pop 22,200) with Rehat (pop 25,900) in 1997 - 1,532 cubic Metres/annum vs 881 cubic metres. So Ofakim residents gets 189 litres/day for domestic consumption while Rehat get 93 litres/day.

For agricultural consumption Ofakim gets 4.4 times more per capita along with plenty for industry.

Rehat has no allocation at all for industrial consumption. Figures from the Water Commission, cited in Zenobar, The Arab and Bedouin Villages in the Negev - Analysis of Agricultural Development Possibilities, May 1999: Table 1, p. 16. Population figures from: CBS, Local Authorities in Israel

bml00

10/23/19

The poster is using information which is 2 decades old  when that was written in 1999 i was 52 I am now 72 (sadly) the entire picture of Israel has changed we are in the midst of an economic boom i have added to my post by saying that I have had reasons to go to Rehat very recently , it is OK , for the people it is 101% better than living under plastic sheeting with a hole in the ground for a toilet .

BM

PS https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahat

Rahat (Arabic: ???‎, Hebrew: ?????) is a predominantly Bedouin city in the Southern District of Israel. In 2018 it had a population of 69,032.[1] As such, it is the largest Bedouin city in the world, and the only one in Israel to have city status.

Rahat is one of seven Bedouin townships in the Negev desert with approved plans and developed infrastructure (the other six are Hura, Tel as-Sabi (Tel Sheva), Ar'arat an-Naqab (Ar'ara BaNegev), Lakiya, Kuseife (Kseife) and Shaqib al-Salam (Segev Shalom).[2]

Urban development[

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
  • Edited October 24, 2019 1:55 am  by  bml00