Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Flowers   World Wide WTF?

Started Jan-16 by Harold27Z; 1004 views.
bml00

Jan-28

A Jewish tradition of countless eons now makes Jews hated ?

Do you need more examples of debased racism ?

BM

In reply toRe: msg 9
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-28

I had Schindler's List taped, but needed a three hour block to watch it.  This was like, 20 years ago.

I finally had the time and was in the right frame of mind, so I sat down and endured the horror of it all.

I knew I needed a good cry and I was ready for the release I needed at the end.

Five minutes before the movie ended my mother came home and launched into a conversation about her troubles catching the bus, I asked for just five minutes of quiet.

Instead of realising what I was watching, as she had seen the movie - and leaving me alone, she sat down on the couch, watched the people putting the stones on his grave and burst into tears.

I turned it off, walked out of the room and have NEVER forgiven her.

It's not the sort of film I ever want to watch again.

In reply toRe: msg 9
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-28

Do you know of this man?

bml00

Jan-28

Good Morning from Israel,

I agree it is not a movie you can watch again , it is a film that hurts .

I only sent you the last 3 minutes because it showed the ORIGINAL SURVIVORS in Jerusalem where Schindler is buried , they each pass his grave and put a stone on it , the stone unlike the flowers is forever , flowers are passing

BM

bml00

Jan-28

I had indeed heard of this man , the war threw up people who each for their own reasons felt the need to protect and shield the Jews and these people are to be valued beyond Rubies they were so special so utterly selfless that words , no matter how rich our language is cannot describe their actions .

As you walk the quiet lanes of Yad Vashem in Jerusalem you see many many tablets with names , each name represents a man or woman or family who put their love of humanity above the love of self , for them there are no words .

The Jews will tell you , to save one man is to save a nation

BM

• Edited January 28, 2020 3:22 am  by  bml00
In reply toRe: msg 14
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-28

God, that's awful!

BerrySteph

Jan-28

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Why Linda is turning to a feature film to tell her family's true wartime story.

She obviously didn't get permission from the Holocaust Industry:

Adapting history can be fraught, as Melbourne author Heather Morris discovered after writing the global bestseller The Tattooist of Auschwitz.

The Auschwitz Memorial criticised Morris over "numerous errors" relating to incorrect depictions of train routes and a sexual relationship between a concentration camp director and a Jewish prisoner.

Complete fictions and falsified memoirs have frequently been milked to (sometimes) huge profit - but woe betide real people putting their own family history into writing without the right historical slant.

Two books based on actual witness testimony of Nazi horrors have been exposed and withdrawn from publication because the authors falsified their ethnic origins. "Helen Demidenko" (2003) was not in fact Ukrainian and Deborah Rey (2009) invented a murdered Jewish mother. The real history, and whatever real testimony which may be contained in these books has been derided and stamped out.

20th May 2014 ... I once was a teaching assistant in a class called Perspectives on the Holocaust, and one of the assigned readings was Cynthia Ozick’s short story “The Shawl”, a riveting narrative about two daughters and their mother in a concentration camp. My class was shocked to learn during our discussion that “The Shawl” was fiction and not memoir, and Ozick herself was not a survivor – born and raised in New York City, no personal or family Holocaust experience. 

The class’s reaction was: How DARE she write about the Holocaust when she hadn’t experienced it herself? How dare anyone create Holocaust fiction when some deny that it actually happened? https://hjrabbi.wordpress.com/2014/05/20/the-diary-of-otto-frank/ 

The book of short story “The Shawl” is here - https://www.amazon.com/The-Shawl-Cynthia-Ozick/dp/0679729267 - and Amazon describe it as "A devastating vision of the Holocaust and the unfillable emptiness it left in the lives of those who passed through it."

Now then - tell me - is the Holocaust Industry in the business of inciting disbelief and Holocaust Denial?

Why else would they be so dishonest - rising to criminal - on so many levels?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-30

Perhaps the "Holocaust industry", as you refer to it, is so stringent on historical accuracy because they don't want to open any doors to asshole deniers.