Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Coronavirus   World Wide WTF?

Started 3/31/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 70438 views.
adwil

12/28/20

I guess the Founders assumed that the people would never vote for someone who was clearly 'stupid' even if  a political party supported the nomination.

jra2750

12/29/20

And yet the fatality rate is less than 1 percent.  Y is it that the mainstream media never talks about this?

jra2750

12/29/20

U say that We humans R too arrogant to acknowledge this 'predator.  Really?  I disagree.  WE know 'its' out there.  We prefer to go about our business just like our ancestors did with the viruses of their day.  What's the alternative?  Shall we crawl into a cave somewhere?  Wait!  We have crawled into a 'cave' - it's called a lockdown.  More and more legal minds R asking the likes of our prison wardens:  WHAT'S YOUR EVIDENCE THAT LOCKDOWN/MASKS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH STOPPING COVID?

I would suggest that the Arrogants among us R those making the rules...rules that have no basis in fact.

adwil

12/29/20

"And yet the fatality rate is less than 1 percent.  Y is it that the mainstream media never talks about this?"

The Press do talk about it, but it really is irrelevant.

What is more relevant is the rate at which covid will kill our sick and elderly relatives. We're talking a 10 to 20% CFR.

Perhaps you have no-one vulnerable in your own family, but most of us do which is why we should take every precaution not to kill them.

jra2750

12/29/20

Alas I M one of the vulnerable.  My name is on The List for a vaccine.

Yes U R correct it's the elderly who R dying from this virus...more than any other group.  

So then THAT is where the attention should go NOT to the entire population right now.  

America must Open up just like our ancestors did with their pandemics.  Between 20-50 Million died worldwide from the Spanish Flu in 1918...675K in the USA.  What makes us think that somehow COVID is that much different from the previous pandemics?  It strikes where it wants and we have to live and die with that reality.

adwil

12/29/20

"THAT is where the attention should go NOT to the entire population right now."

No, limiting the spread of the virus  amongst the whole population protects the old and the vulnerable.  

adwil said...

"THAT is where the attention should go NOT to the entire population right now."

No, limiting the spread of the virus  amongst the whole population protects the old and the vulnerable

https://forums.delphiforums.com/calledout1/messages/?msg=1337.3

jra2750

12/30/20

And so it goes:  one problem after the other...now it's all about who gets the vaccine 1st.

Sigh.

jra2750

12/30/20

We've had a few LuLus for presidents I would remind U...GW Bush being the most recent.  He served TWO terms.  He & Cheney got us involved in TWO unnecessary wars resulting in millions of Innocents deaths.  

adwil

12/30/20

"now it's all about who gets the vaccine 1st."

Don't think it is. It's not a race. It's an attempt to find a vaccine that works and in the case of the Oxford vaccine, one that the world can afford, so that this pandemic can end.