Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Black Lies Matter   America - all of it

Started 8/12/20 by Apollonius (Theocritos); 27786 views.

Here's someone who agrees with me about how BLM is just an updated version of the KKK:

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

1/23/21

Strong words.  Catchy.

As an atheist, however, I disagree that all the answers can be found in a story book devoted to this guy's imaginary friend.

CzoeMC

1/24/21

It is hard to be an atheist in this world. My bro was complaining about the music that he had to select for my Dad's funeral last week, him being a musician, and an atheist, dad being all Very Bible Belt, and he asked why the atheist had to pick from the 20 hymns. Registered his complaint, but I had my own share of horribleness to deal with. It has been a week now, and nobody has covid symptoms, we didn't want to have a super spreader event, but Mom had to have her way, and it was really freaky, what is it with an open casket, anyway? Only a few jerky relatives ignored the request of covid protacal.

Sorry to hear that you're an atheist.  That's your loss. 

I'm trying to think of a single piece of music worthy of the name inspired by atheism.

And no, it is not hard to be an atheist.  In today's world, quite the contrary, you would risk your social life and career by revealing that you were religious.

In reply toRe: msg 133

The year 2020 likely saw the largest percentage increase in homicides in American history. Murder was up nearly 37% in a sample of 57 large and medium-size cities. Based on preliminary estimates, at least 2,000 more Americans, most of them black, were killed in 2020 than in 2019. Mainstream media and many politicians claim the pandemic caused this bloodbath, but the chronology doesn’t support that assertion. And now the criminal-justice policies supported by President Biden promise to exacerbate the current crime wave, while ignoring its actual causes.

In reply toRe: msg 140

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

1/30/21

Apollonius (Theocritos) said:

I'm trying to think of a single piece of music worthy of the name inspired by atheism.

Tim Minchin "Thank you god", (Atheist song)

The best´s song of Tim Minchin, (for me)...