Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Guns. Yes, let's have a discussion   General Confusion

Started 10/5/17 by Johneeo; 63543 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

11/7/17

Johneeo said:

Fine.  I am a "well regulated militia"

Nope, you're a grumpy old man sitting on your porch yelling "Git off ma lawn!!!"

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

11/7/17

Oomp (AstroLib) said:

I did not mention any restrictions whatsoever in obtaining guns.

I am!

No semi-automatic assault rifles for "We the People".

The guy who stopped the Texas church massacre didn't have one.

Dan (DANCULBERSON)

11/8/17

Johneeo said...

Fine.  I am a "well regulated militia".

Bullshit. The definition of "militia" is "a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency." What's the emergency, and how can you prove that you are civil? Oh, and how are you regulated, not to mention who is your superior officer in the regular army that you are supplementing? Give it up. Loser.

Johneeo

11/8/17

I meet all of the criteria you posted.

Asshole!

In reply toRe: msg 38
Johneeo

11/8/17

MILITIA:

1. a body of citizens enrolled for military service, and called out periodically for drill but serving full time only in emergencies.
  2. a body of citizen soldiers as distinguished from professional soldiers.
  3. all able-bodied citizens considered by law eligible for military service.
  4. a body of citizens organized in a paramilitary group and typically regarding themselves as defenders of individual rights against the
    presumed interference of the federal government.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

11/8/17

First of all, I have ONE rule!  Attack the argument, not the person - both of you!

Don't make me come over there!

Now...

Are you a member of any of these organisations?  Are you an official part of a militia?

How many of the mass shooters of the past year would fit into your category?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

11/9/17

Oh for crying out loud!!!

Can you answer the question at least?

Johneeo

11/10/17

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Are you a member of any of these organisations?  Are you an official part of a militia? How many of the mass shooters of the past year would fit into your category?

Well, what would be considered "my category"?

OK, I am intelligent, have absolutely no mental issues, I obey the law, I am a contributor to society, I pay taxes.

I would have to opine that the one thing in common with these savages is they are all mentally whacked, no more, no less.

As for militias, one of the main characteristics is that they are formed as a defense to government overreach, therefore, any info on whether I am part of a militia is something that would best not be made public.

BTW, I am going to the range today and providing instruction on firearms safety and functionality for a new gun owner.

Oomp (AstroLib)

11/10/17

>>As for militias, one of the main characteristics is that they are formed as a defense to government overreach...<<

I sometimes wonder what kind of a doofus James Madison really was:
"Let's see: I'm going to be part of this new government. Better make sure that anybody who might have an issue with my crew is armed to the teeth so he can kill me and my pals if the notion moves him..."
So Booth, Guiteau, Czolgoz and Oswald  could have claimed they were just carrying out the wishes of the founders? Probably have as much luck with that as did Guiteau with his "doctors did it" defense.

So the main purpose of a  militia, any militia is sedition?  Wonderful.
I would guess that the founders had defense/offense against native tribes  (which would take another 100+ years to pretty much complete) was  the logic behind it: "Hey- Suppressing the injuns is your job. Act locally. Don't expect us to ship you a bunch of our soldiers any time you get in a hassle.  Soldiers cost money, and if we send them off to help you, it's gonna leave less pork in the barrel for us..."

>B-)
-Oomp