Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Australia Needs To Step Up   Australia and Oceania

Started Aug-20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 3361 views.
In reply toRe: msg 16
NISSY (NISSY2)

Oct-18

I saw nothing about liking or not liking people who helped NATO.
adwil

Oct-18

Why are Afghan interpreters who worked with  Norwegian soldiers in Afghanistan trying to get out?

Why is Norway facilitating their escape?

I guess it's because Norway and the Afghans believe that the Taliban will kill them.

In reply toRe: msg 18
NISSY (NISSY2)

Oct-18

It means that they don't trust their future in Afghanistan and probably they believe that they will have a good life in Norway. A lot of people want to move to Norway.
adwil

Oct-18

At least since this July, Norway has stopped deporting failed Afghan asylum seekers.

In reply toRe: msg 20
NISSY (NISSY2)

Oct-18

That was my point. Norway is being very civilized and processing like it always does. It is not going to take everybody who wants to come to Norway. There are a few bad eggs out there.

Many small towns in Norway need trades people so they welcome immigrants. Some towns say no thank you. Norway leaves it to the municipality to accept or reject new immigrants. My barber's shop in Arendal uses Kurds to cut hair.

adwil

Oct-18

;-) I would have been very surprised if Norway hadn't been 'civilised'.

In reply toRe: msg 22
NISSY (NISSY2)

Oct-18

I read that over half of immigrants from the Middle East are rejected. Norway investigates the applications and it there is a lie in the statements, rejection is automatic and once a person is rejected for lying, they can never apply again. They make it very clear at the beginning. I am afraid every two years when I renew my visa that I may say something that they think is not true,
adwil

Oct-18

But you're not an immigrant, are you?

I'm fully in favour of people who lie or people who have criminal records being refused entry.

In reply toRe: msg 24
NISSY (NISSY2)

Oct-18

I have a permanent residence visa which makes me an immigrant. I am eligible for citizenship. I have been her ten years now. I would never lie on purpose but sometimes, questions are confusing.
adwil

Oct-18

Interesting. Are you allowed dual citizenship?