Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The tears of Trump supporters   America - all of it

Started Jun-14 by OSarge (mahjong54); 324 views.
ElDotardo

Jun-15

More like tears of laughter . . .

Those vaunted Jan. 6 hearings are bombing with the public

Rep. Liz Cheney, who will likely be booted from office in November, has put on quite a swan song amounting to her signature achievement, which is her "Get Trump" Jan. 6 hearings.

Just one problem: the public isn't buying it.

According to Terry Jones at Issues & Insights, citing a reliable I&I/TIPP poll:

Fewer than half of all Americans are convinced that the Democrats' Jan. 6 Commission is making an honest attempt at discovering the truth about the mostly peaceful political demonstrations that took place on Capitol Hill that day, the latest data from the I&I/TIPP Poll show.

Some 44% of Americans said they were either "very confident" (21%) in the committee's investigation or "somewhat confident" (23%) that the Democrat-dominated Jan. 6 Commission "will make a genuine effort to uncover the truth."

The online poll of 1,310 adults was taken from June 8 to June 10. It has a margin of error of +/- 2.8 percentage points.

Fully 40% in June's poll said they weren't confident, with equal parts saying they were "not at all confident" (20%) and "not very confident" (20%). As the pie chart below shows, another 15% said they were "not sure."

What's more, the ratings, which much of the press crowed were higher than expected, were actually worse than previous televised spectacles and, more humiliatingly, worse than an average nightly news broadcast.

According to Just the News:

Almost 20 million viewers tuned in for the hearings on Thursday night, according to The Hill. By contrast, President Joe Biden's State of the Union address in March pulled in 38 million viewers. In 2018, then-President Donald Trump's first State of the Union attracted over 45 million, per the New York Post.

Just The News called that "dismal."

Meanwhile, over at NewsBusters:

Based on the most recent ratings data, January 6 hearing coverage on broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, and NBC) drew significantly smaller audiences than those networks' own evening newscasts generally do on a standard weekday. Evening newscast audiences on any given night last week were 1.6 times larger than the total number of broadcast viewers who tuned into the hearings on Thursday.

According to TV news ratings guru RoadMN, the hearings averaged just 3.63 million watchers across all three broadcast networks. ABC won the ratings battle with 4.35 million viewers, followed by NBC with 3.31 million. CBS was a close third 3.24 million viewers.

Contrast the above ratings with those for the same networks' evening newscasts for the week of June 1, which averaged 5.92 million viewers per evening.

That's miserable — another money-loser for them.  According to Jack Davis at The Western Journal, viewers "changed the channel."

The I&I/TIPP poll tells us a lot about why the Jan. 6 hearings are such a dud with the public.

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 4
ElDotardo

Jun-15

Just a reminder:

ALL ARE WELCOME AT DIVERSECITY

(available in the drop down menu above)

ElDotardo

Jun-15

Two young guys appear in court after being arrested for smoking dope. The judge says, "You seem like nice young men, and I'd like to give you a second chance instead of jail time. I want you to go out this weekend and try to convince others of the evils of drug use. I'll see you back in court Monday." On Monday, the judge asks the first guy, "How did you do over the weekend?" "Well, your honor, I persuaded 17 people to give up drugs forever." "Seventeen people? That's wonderful. How did you do it? " "I used a diagram, your honor. I drew two circles like this: O o. Then I told them that the big circle is your brain before drugs and the small circle is your brain after drugs." "That's admirable," says the judge. Then he turns to the second guy. "And how did you do?" "Well, your honor, I persuaded 156 people to give up drugs forever." "Wow!" says the judge. "156 people! How did you manage to do that?" "Well, I used a similar diagram," the guy says. "I drew two circles like this: o O. Then I pointed to the little circle and said, 'This is your asshole before prison... '"

OSarge (mahjong54)

Jun-15

Yesterday was Flag Day. How did you celebrate? 

https://youtu.be/n65KKhk1Oao

Like that?

ElDotardo

Jun-15

Went sky diving with my cat . . . AIR BORN!!

Our dog was disappointed, but she's just not qualified yet . . .

No photo description available.

ElDotardo

Jun-15

Wow, and you complain about being bored?