Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Archaeology News   Science

Started 11/11/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 32340 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

1/5/20

Fascinating!

I wonder if they were trying to harness it, or keep it away from the neighbouring villages.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

1/5/20

I love anything about ancient Egypt, thanks!

BerrySteph

1/5/20

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

I wonder if they were trying to harness it, or keep it away from the neighbouring villages.

I think we'll find that those lightening strikes are linked to some geographic anomaly that conducts down to the earth's core.

The mystery is that such strikes are not continuing. But the explanation will be that some "fuse" has been blown deep in the earth. Similar burned out contact points will likely be found elsewhere in the world.

Di (amina046)

1/5/20

Another candy for you...

BerrySteph

1/8/20

Di (amina046) said:

Archaeologists find hoard of Islamic coins in Israel: 'It's like a Hanukkah present' 

Archaeologists maybe this time - but most of it is looting.

There may have been some tightening up since this 2011 case.

Ancient Artifacts for Sale in Israel: What’s Legal?

How to legally buy ancient artifacts in Israel

Ancient Artifacts for Sale in Israel: What’s Legal?

In May, American John Lund was arrested in Israel for illegally offering ancient antiquities for sale.

Tourists, collectors and even scholars have long purchased ancient artifacts for sale legally in Israel. Some of these ancient antiquities for sale, such as the James Ossuary and the ivory pomegranate, are well known to Biblical Archaeology Review readers.* Most people who legally buy ancient artifacts, however, purchase simple coins, oil lamps and clay pots, the everyday items of ancient life that, millennia later, become the treasured possessions of their new owners.

BerrySteph

1/8/20

bml00 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H2mdCALOKA

Which Israel with what borders is this looting going on?

There is no evidence that there was any temple on the Temple Mount (it seems more likely it was built as a Roman Fort).

Water cannot have reached it to wash away the gore from animal sacrifices.

And there is evidence from Josephus that the temple was over-looked by the local Roman leader.

You've not tried to explain any of that, only insisting that you're going to steal this $billion plot of someone else's land.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

1/26/20

BerrySteph

1/28/20

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Experts believe temperatures reached a maximum of 520 degrees Celsius in the building the victim was found in.

A non-story.

I don't think there's any silicon or sand in people's brains that could be turned into glass.

And a further small problem:

Believe it or not, glass is made from liquid sand. You can make glass by heating ordinary sand (which is mostly made of silicon dioxide) until it melts and turns into a liquid. You won't find that happening on your local beach: sand melts at the incredibly high temperature of 1700°C (3090°F).31 Dec 2019