Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The debate on Climate Change   General Confusion

Started 7/18/17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 145935 views.
adwil

8/19/19

"It seems that science can be ignored and perverted to show the "Proofs" the AGW sheeple need to keep their dreams alive?"

Of course science can be perverted, but in the case of global warming, I am aware of the increasing temperatures and increasing volatility of the climate.

BerrySteph

8/20/19

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Your insistence that Russians cannot possibly manipulate Americans because they don't speak English and cannot understand anything outside their own country is frankly bigoted.

Yesterday's copy of the Times has a story on how the KGB has come roaring back. Any form of social interaction by us beautiful people with Russians used to be severely discouraged - and that system is back in action. (I watched a state apparatchick scroll through the emails she was monitoring in 1995, when the intensive monitoring was supposed to be at an end).

The idea that Russians have a creative industry, studying what makes Americans tick in order to hijack that way of thinking, is ludicrous beyond belief.

Can you imagine an appartchik (a Russian version of yourself) allowing that Yosemite Sam meme to be created by one or more people and circulated?

Its ridiculous - apparatchiks spend their time enforcing state restrictions on free thought not encouraging it!

BerrySteph

8/20/19

Trolly8 said:

Dear Berry; I spent ten years in the region while in the Army Security Agency, or as an independent contractor to the DoD, State Dept. and various foreign governments, so I have seen it all first hand and all I could think off after reading your post is that you are a racist, anti-Semite, bigot.

If any of that is true (and there's a lot of just that kind of fraud in cyberspace - aimed at picking up women and/or practising for that purpose) then you were in the region systematically arranging chaos and suffering.

"Shock and Awe" - be proud of it.

BerrySteph

8/20/19

Trolly8 said:

According to some Nobel Laureate's thesis I read that if the climate warmed up 2 or 3 degrees, I can not remember which and whether it was Celsius, or Fahrenheit, but any way, if it did, then food crops would grow about 100% faster producing twice as much food as now!

Lying trolls don't usually post anything quite that stupid.

But your posting in that fashion does not convince me you're genuine, just raises the possibility that you're functioning under a different kind of delusion.

BerrySteph

8/20/19

Trolly8 said:

It seems the original authors got caught by one of the governments in the European low lands and one of them had to return the studdies funding and go to jail because of it!!!

I think you're delusional.

BerrySteph

8/20/19

Your insistence that Russians cannot possibly manipulate Americans because they don't speak English and cannot understand anything outside their own country is frankly bigoted.

I forgot, you actually proved me wrong on this business - the Russians cunningly hijacked Yosemite Sam.

Shall I post the image again and abase myself in a grovelling apology for not having believed you?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

8/20/19

Trolly8 said:

Since it is an absolute fact that ABC has been caught in more lies about global warming than Gomer Pile, why would you site them as a source?

Depends which ABC you are referring to.

I don't know much about the American one, but if it is a commercial station, then I try to stay away from it.

My ABC is non-commercial.  Mostly like PBS in America.  I prefer news sources that have no cares about ratings, likes or clicks. 

However, they are often accused of bias, because they are the only news source in Australia that is not owned by a right leaning media mogul.

It's the last bastion of facts before fear.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

8/20/19

Trolly8 said:

According to some Nobel Laureate's thesis I read that if the climate warmed up 2 or 3 degrees, I can not remember which and whether it was Celsius, or Fahrenheit, but any way, if it did, then food crops would grow about 100% faster producing twice as much food as now!

That would have to be Fahrenheit.

But you need to do better than that.  The name of the scientist, the paper, the evidence.

Also, most importantly, the peer review findings.

PTG (anotherPTG)

8/20/19

food crops would grow about 100% faster producing twice as much food as now!

on the other hand!

Climate change affects the ecosystems that provide food, "and therefore our security of food is linked to the security of those ecosystems," deMenocal said.

The oceans, for instance, provide people with about 20 percent of their dietary protein, deMenocal said. However, ocean acidification caused by climate change makes it difficult, if not impossible, for thousands of species, including oysters, crabs and corals, to form their protective shells, which in turn disrupts the food web, Live Science previously reported.

On land, an increase of 3.6 degrees F (2 degrees C) would almost double the water deficit and would lead to a drop in wheat and maize harvests, according to NASA.

Northern latitudes may see a temporary boost in soy and wheat farming, partly because of the warmer temperatures farther north and partly because increased carbon dioxide helps plants grow, NASA said. But at an increase of 3.6 degrees F (2 degrees C), this advantage almost disappears for soy, and entirely vanishes for wheat, NASA reported.

If temperatures get too hot when these plants are flowering, their growth can become stunted, leading to decreased or no edible food crop, such as corn or grain, NASA said. [How Often Do Ice Ages Happen?]

BerrySteph

8/20/19

PTG (anotherPTG) said:

Northern latitudes may see a temporary boost in soy and wheat farming, partly because of the warmer temperatures farther north and partly because increased carbon dioxide helps plants grow, NASA said. But at an increase of 3.6 degrees F (2 degrees C), this advantage almost disappears for soy, and entirely vanishes for wheat, NASA reported.

That's more optimistic than I'd understood. Wheat doesn't get any increase in productivity and the other crops don't get much. 

Even as the pests have a field day.