Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The debate on Climate Change   General Confusion

Started 7/18/17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 100237 views.
In reply toRe: msg 714
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-28

I need 1.8 Earths.

In reply toRe: msg 715
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-28

BerrySteph

Jan-28

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

I always thought I was environmentally responsible. But when I calculated my family's carbon emissions I was shocked by the result.

The more simplified Ecological Footprint calculator starts by asking about the food I eat ... It then goes into household details ... the questions about electricity use and efficiency are pretty vague ... no input for gas ... goes into travel and fuel consumption ... in the end we get our score: I emit 11.3 tonnes of CO2 a year.

According to this calculator, our biggest emissions come from "mobility" — flights, car and public transport.

... onto the second calculator from Carbon Footprint Ltd ... much more detailed information about electricity and gas bills, kilometres flown, car mileage and efficiency and public transport use ...  goes to a tab called "secondary calculations" where you enter a dollar amount for spending on things like pharmaceuticals, clothes, hotels, banking and finance, education and food.... come up with a whopping 18.03 tonnes of CO2.

... tells me the worldwide target to combat climate change is two tonnes.

Oh, boy.

Di (amina046)

Jan-28

The Terminator

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-30

BerrySteph

Jan-30

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

The Indian Ocean Dipole has been blamed for creating the conditions for enormous swarms of locusts threatening food security in a number of African nations as well as increasing bushfire risk in Australia.

Di (amina046)

Feb-2

My beloved Kenya is suffering greatly from this plague. Their only riches are agriculture and tourism. And yes, their wonderful people.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Where have you lived throughout your life?

In reply toRe: msg 722
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

TRIGGER WARNING!

Image result for Angry old white man gif