Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Poll 2 - The Death Penalty   General Confusion

Started 6/3/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 8045 views.
katiek2

Oct-17

It sounds as if there is more than one reason she should not be executed.

bml00

Oct-17

IMO judicial execution is barbaric but until such times as the majority of Americans decide otherwise then they will continue , this is for the US to decide.

The guilt of the people involved is beyond doubt 

BM 

In reply toRe: msg 34
katiek2

Oct-18

I said "It sounds as if there is more than one reason she should not be executed", referring to the execution of Lisa Montgomery.  Unfortunately Reuters did not report the full story.  Reuters leaned heavily on her attorney's defense that Ms. Montgomery is mentally ill and suffered child abuse.  What Reuters left out was the horrific way in which she committed the crime.  After gaining entry to the home by false pretenses that she set up in advance, she knifed a pregnant woman, and WHILE THE WOMAN WAS STILL ALIVE, cut the baby out of her body.  Here is the whole story:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/10/17/woman-killed-pregnant-victim-cut-baby-womb-executed/

Now knowing the whole story, the premeditation and the savagery of the act, I agree with BM100, her guilt is beyond doubt and the death penalty is a just penalty.

• Edited October 18, 2020 6:37 am  by  katiek2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-19

I noticed very little detail about the crime, too.

The link was unsettling, but informative.

As messed up as her motives were, her actions leading up to the crime were deliberate and methodical.

This was not a sudden psychotic episode.  it was planned.

I noticed very little detail about the crime, too.

In my opinion it doesn't matter. Only God has the perfect judgement necessary to take a life. Life at hard labor should be the maximum punishment for any crime.

CamGeary

Oct-20

I'm in favor of it for murder and rape but not for drug trafficing, which should be legal

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-21

Make Dems Cry Again 2020! (bobrazz) said:

Only God has the perfect judgement necessary to take a life.

Which one?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-21

Depends on the drug, I guess.

Of course, if it's all legal, then there would be tougher regulations, leading to cleaner drugs.

I just want pot to be legal.  I know I'm going to need it for 2021.

PTG (anotherPTG)

Oct-21

What does pot do for you that a nice bath in ice cold water doesn't?

Blunt Weed Cannabis Medical Marijuana Pot Stone High Life Smoker Drug 420  Mary jane Stock Vector Image & Art - Alamy

Which one?

The one that created the heavens and the earth. Names don't matter. The important thing (sorry I know how much you seem to hate the concept of "important things") is that man is not equipped with the perfect judgment necessary to decide if a person is guilty of a crime which would warrant their death.