Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

US News - General   America - all of it

Started 7/17/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 32175 views.
Di (amina046)

3/27/20

Pues a la mierda! Si podemos.wink

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

3/27/20

Don't listen to Goss.  You're still a part of the Caribbean.

In reply toRe: msg 152
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

3/27/20

Analysis

MEDDLY

3/27/20

Umm, nosotros los Boricuas decimos "Que se vayan al Carajo!"

We have another expletive but later...

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

In reply toRe: msg 155
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

In reply toRe: msg 156
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

RGoss99

Apr-5

Since you considered this news worth a post, as I do, how do you feel about this. Do you support the Captain or the person who had him fired, if so the reasons for your opinión. 

Starting off a valid discussion. I think the firing was stupid, even though it might be considered contrary to some government policy. I say that because in a democracy, unless there is a Good reason, the government should be open with information to its citizens. Obviously this capitan felt that being open with a problem not just on his ship, relating to crew and families, but also America at large would be a positive thing. And, true or not, those who would crush free speech often have something to hide.

Di (amina046)

Apr-6

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I believe he had the best intentions, but he did not handle the situation as well as he should have.

Although, military don't tend to "panic", as far as I know.

I'm not sure exactly who he was accused of scaring the living daylights out of.

What mattered most was the safety of the men under his command, and that has to be respected.

These are also extenuating circumstances, and 20/20 hindsight from generals nowhere near the actual situation, and no experience dealing with this, should be taken with a grain of salt.

Did this captain have a set of protocols to follow?  Have captains been trained in exercises that deal with this exact situation?

He saw that his men could die, and did whatever he could to save them.

The opposite result of this is a captain on the verge of being charged with negligent homicide.