gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NGSW Phase 2 Consolidation and info   Small Arms <20mm

Started 30/8/19 by gatnerd; 279309 views.
gatnerd

13-Oct

I read those, but the rumor seemed weakly sourced; based on LMT reportedly saying they are no longer making suppressors for textron. And then the video where this was allegedly said disappeared. 

Short of Textron getting into some Enron type scandal I can’t imagine them dropping out. They’ve just put so much into the project, with no market outside of victory in NGSW.

poliorcetes

13-Oct

Alledgedly the very own SSD said

SSD says:

I have asked Textron to discuss NGSW and they have politely passed.

and also (about SiG)

SSD says:

They are still in NGSW.

poliorcetes

13-Oct

Indeed. Decades of investments. Decades of DoD support. Theoretically CT reached matureness at the end of LSAT program. As you said, there is no meaningful civilian market for CT rounds on the short term, and if their bid is the winner... they could make mountains of money either for manufacturing weapons and ammo and selling intellectual rights to NATO partners. And remember: HK is involved

poliorcetes

18-Oct

xmszeon has published a new and interesting infography

https://twitter.com/xmszeon/status/1449993882020704257

gatnerd

19-Oct

Absolutely fantastic find Poli, that really helps further the understanding of how the LSAT/CT ammo works.

Also really mindblowing how much thought went into that design.  

poliorcetes

19-Oct

I have no merit in it. The talented hombre who is investing tons of time in data and patents is @xmszeon 

https://twitter.com/xmszeon

stancrist

19-Oct

Latest T&P video has a number of xmszeon's animations.

Textron NGSW 6.8mm Plastic Ammo Deep Dive | US Army

Follow me for live updates: https://www.instagram.com/cappyarmy/Textron's rifle to replace the M4 is by far the most unique firearm of the past 100 years. In...

gatnerd

19-Oct

Good timing, was just about to post that. In addition to the animations, the rail mounted 'motion isolator' talked about last year still seems to be a thing. 

That alone could do wonders for improving hit probability. 

• Edited 19 October 2021 23:15  by  gatnerd
poliorcetes

20-Oct

But that guy didn't say anything serious about chamber sealing

stancrist

20-Oct

gatnerd said:

...the rail mounted 'motion isolator' talked about last year still seems to be a thing.  That alone could do wonders for improving hit probability.

I must be missing something.  It isn't the least bit clear to me how a hinged fore grip that lets the front of the rifle move around is supposed to improve hit probability.