gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NGSW Phase 2 Consolidation and info   Small Arms <20mm

Started 30/8/19 by gatnerd; 477706 views.
Gr1ff1th

18-Jan

The CT-style full loop belt grooves (allows the use of polymer links), on the TV-style case warrants serious investigation as a possibility for True Velocity, I wonder if they're aware of the concept to begin with 

stancrist

18-Jan

Why is the right cartridge labeled "6mm ARC" when the bullet is of the same diameter as that of the 5.56mm Mk262?  confused

stancrist

18-Jan

Gr1ff1th said:

The CT-style full loop belt grooves (allows the use of polymer links), on the TV-style case warrants serious investigation as a possibility for True Velocity,

Using full-loop polymer links does not seem feasible for machine guns that shoot TV ammo.

JPeelen

18-Jan

I guess the Photoshop operator had no idea that Mk262 has a smaller bullet diameter. For purely aesthetic reasons, he chose to give all bullets the same diameter. Clueless marketing people did not see any mistake. Engineers/technicians were of course not in the loop.    

EmericD

18-Jan

JPeelen said:

I guess the Photoshop operator had no idea that Mk262 has a smaller bullet diameter.

Well, the "photoshop operator" is probably the one that gives us the superb 3D mechanical rendering of the Textron NGSW weapon (among other things), so I think that this guy knows what he was doing.

EDIT: I think he is even on this forum.

• Edited 18 January 2022 16:24  by  EmericD
stancrist

18-Jan

It was posted on Twitter.  No info on who drew it or why.

vpn test on Twitter: "https://t.co/GGKdgbwBTb" / Twitter

manimal87

18-Jan

Who do you guys think is gonna win the ngsw? 

taschoene

18-Jan

That cartridge isn't even remotely like 6mm ARC, which is fatter than 5.56 and has a much shorter case.  

stancrist

18-Jan

EmericD said:

Well, the "photoshop operator" is probably the one that gives us the superb 3D mechanical rendering of the Textron NGSW weapon (among other things), so I think that this guy knows what he was doing.

Then how do you explain him showing a "6mm" projectile the same diameter as a 5.56mm bullet?

Quadhelix

18-Jan

Just to note - I pulled up the image in an online photo editor and, as near as I can tell, the 5.56mm bullet is 47 pixels wide, while the "6mm" bullet is 51 pixels. 

51/47*5.56 is slightly more than 6.03