gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NGSW Phase 2 Consolidation and info   Small Arms <20mm

Started 30/8/19 by gatnerd; 749264 views.
stancrist

20-Aug

I did not notice how heavily lubed was the bolt carrier, but it was impossible to miss the carbon deposit on the cartridges.

smg762

22-Aug

how come the energy is listed as 3200 ft lbs. This is way beyond the 2700 listed for 6.8, and surely its massively overbore too.

in terms of a 7mm magnum for machine guns, could you some how make it work without barrel wear issues?

EmericD

23-Aug

Another interesting thing is the additional lens in front of the main scope.

I know that FN Herstal is working on a similar but more complex device, with a Bluetooth connection to a FN Elity ballistic computer, so the lens is working like a "HUD", showing all the information from the Elity, including real-time reticle corrections depending on the range / atmosphere / wind.

This way, you can transform any existing scope into a XM157...

stancrist

23-Aug

That is quite interesting.  And amazing.

Msg 7519.3372 deleted
manimal87

25-Aug

So almost like an aimbot. When the generell issue rifle of the troops get some sort of this optic. Let's say m5/M7 Is happening with that kinda optic..... There isn't a need for a DMR anymore or am I wrong? 

EmericD

25-Aug

manimal87 said:

So almost like an aimbot. When the generell issue rifle of the troops get some sort of this optic. Let's say m5/M7 Is happening with that kinda optic..... There isn't a need for a DMR anymore or am I wrong? 

For me, a "fully dressed" M7 (with scope & suppressor) is already a DMR, just because of the >6.5 kg weight and reduced ammo capability.

stancrist

25-Aug

EmericD said:

For me, a "fully dressed" M7 (with scope & suppressor) is already a DMR, just because of the >6.5 kg weight and reduced ammo capability.

Why?  It's clear that >6.5 kg weight and 20-rd magazine capacity are not what makes a rifle a DMR.

• Edited 25 August 2023 11:48  by  stancrist
manimal87

25-Aug

I like youre sarcasm :D

stancrist

25-Aug

It was not meant to be sarcasm.