gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NGSW evaluation update   Small Arms <20mm

Started 31/7/20 by autogun; 16163 views.
In reply toRe: msg 62
Mr. T (MrT4)

21/8/20

Wonder what the barrel length is on the .338 NM MG 

I once had an unpleasant experience of testing a sniper rifle prototype with a short 14 or 16 in ( not quite sure as it was 6-7y ago) barrel for use as handy Anti VBIED rifle in .338 LM and that thing was mean  , extremely unpleasant to shot, you felt the muzzle blast trough your facial bones and teeth. So much so that muzzle brake was quickly discarded  . 

Farmplinker

21/8/20

I keep telling my buddy with a .338 LM he needs a suppressor.

QuintusO

21/8/20

Mr. T (MrT4) said:

Wonder what the barrel length is on the .338 NM MG 

24 inches.

In reply toRe: msg 73
poliorcetes

9/10/20

No smuzzle!!!

EmericD

9/10/20

poliorcetes said:

No new supressor. But look at the recoil

And the heat!

After 20 rounds, there's smoke everywhere.

poliorcetes

9/10/20

Absolutelly. But if you have a non-smuzzle suppressor, with the alledged specs of the new cartridge they are going to produce a lot of returning smoke and accumulate heat

QuintusO

9/10/20

Yes it looks pretty good. Cyclic rate looks like it was kept down to 600 or so. Looks like they pulled some weight out, also, maybe. But it's still a chunky hunk of aluminum. Saving grace appears to be minimal steel moving parts, so they're lighter than they look.

poliorcetes

9/10/20

Rifle seems to have a less kicker recoil than a DMR in .308, even without smuzzle . Do you think it will be good enough for rapid semiauto fire?

Farmplinker

9/10/20

Shooting the suppressor wet maybe?