autogun

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by autogun

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons, particularly in larger calibres (12.7+mm).

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

CIS 50/STK 50 Machine Gun Internals and Dual Feed Mechanism   Small Arms <20mm

Started 13-Sep by tidusyuki; 387 views.
tidusyuki

13-Sep

How does it work?
I've been looking for any information about it for quite sometime and yet there's so little mention about this MG. Any info will help. from wikipedia it is supposed to be based on the Dover Devil MG. Both MG have some sort dual feed capability and both are gas operated.
Judging by the M15A2 belt link used to feed this gun it's definitely a push forward type feeding mechanism and probably uses a rotating bolt mechanism.

roguetechie

13-Sep

secretprojects.co.uk has an article on the Dover devil with extremely good pictures and patent coverage, you can see the insides of both the Dover devil and use the gpaws patent to look at related patents.

dobrodan

13-Sep

Uji Tembak CIS 50MG - Senapan Mesin Berat Andalan Rantis Serbu TNI AD

Dibanding DShk-38 dan M2HB, CIS 50MG punya keunikan dari sisi desain, dimana SMB ini mengadopsi gas piston ganda dengan posisi dua tabung yang masing-masing ...

tidusyuki

14-Sep

I've seen that post on secretprojects and have done some comparison with the images and patents of the Dover Devil MG posted there. They both are completely different designwise. The only similarities between the two are the gas operating mechanism and the dual feed capability.

Take a look at that picture i posted. Even how the ammo belt positioned on the STK50 is different from the Dover Devil. Feed tray is also different. It looks like the right ammo belt feed is slightly above the left on the STK50.

tidusyuki

14-Sep

Seen that video and the people there only done some shooting with it and nothing else. I'm trying to find any videos that shows the loading procedure or how they supposed to change between right feed and left feed.

roguetechie

14-Sep

Yeah the feed system is pretty different, I'm not sure that I like the way the STK version does theird