autogun

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by autogun

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

rare and unseen weapons   General Military Discussion

Started 10-Jan by smg762; 1149 views.
In reply toRe: msg 2
smg762

10-Jan

he's also the only info source on the rare steyr IWS sniper

https://en.topwar.ru/17451-snayperskie-ruzhya-steyr-amr-i-iws-2000.html

Just google 'Topwar' followed by whatever subject your after

In reply toRe: msg 3
mpopenker

11-Jan

Topwar is a junkyard of military related info, and anything posted there must be taken with a grain of salt at the very least

But if you want guns that are interesting and unique...

Msg 7796.5 deleted
smg762

12-Jan

British parker hale PDW.  Invented by a non brit working for Bush man,  then purchased by parker hale,  who had previously only worked on bolt actions. 

Had a rate reducer in the grip. Could take screw- on barrels

Attachments
NealB4Wilson

12-Jan

I'm glad you said! With english as my first language I can sometimes find Russian to be a bit crptic but this guy rambles for paragraph after paragraph of garbage.

mpopenker

12-Jan

Many Topwar texts are crap even when posted in their native Russian language, and further use of Google translate does not help them any.

Farmplinker

12-Jan

So, topwar is the Russian equivalent of Business Insider?;)

smg762

18-Jan

Also the G11 had originally been designed by mauser, with a 10 rpund rotary magazine.

Another protoype by IWK had 3 barrels, and could fire a volley of all 3 shots

JPeelen

19-Jan

If you refer to the Bundeswehr G11, it was not "originally designed" by Mauser. 

The real Mauser design (at least the metal parts, the plastic housing has dissolved itself) can be viewed in the Bundeswehr technology collection (WTS) in Koblenz. By the way, there was another design, by well known Anton Politzer of Diehl, which had three barrels and a rotary element containing one chamber for each barrel. 

At the time, Mauser still was a subsidiary of IWK (former DWM). There were no competing designs Mauser versus IWK. The development center (Entwicklungsanstalt, origin of the 27 mm BMK gun and cartridge) was located at Oberndorf and nearby Schramberg-Sulgen. 

• Edited 19 January 2021 11:07  by  JPeelen
In reply toRe: msg 11
Mr. T (MrT4)

19-Jan

Anyone have the specs for the funky Soviet space autocannon R-23 that test shot in Space in but deemed unpractical due to recoil requiring the space station to use a booster to keep the orbit when firing.