autogun

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by autogun

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ammo availability in Countries outside of the USA?   General Military Discussion

Started 25-Mar by AmmoGuyUSA; 863 views.
AmmoGuyUSA

25-Mar

Since ammo is in such short supply here in the US, I was wondering if any countries outside the US have ammunition for sale? Either manufacturing companies or even a stockpile of ammunition available for sale?

mpopenker

26-Mar

We in Russia have limited ammo avaiability; that is, you can find most locally made calibers, but each shop has only a limited number of rounds, so you can buy in 100s but not in the 1000s

Prices are slightly up too, thatnks to you americans buying up everything our factories can produce

Refleks

26-Mar

Just in time logistics is ill equipped to meet unexpected surges in demand. Gone are the days of billions of stockpiled rounds. Wish they'd open some new plants up, I'd love to find 300 blackout in sane prices.

• Edited 26 March 2021 14:35  by  Refleks
Farmplinker

26-Mar

I'd settle for .22 rimfire ammunition being on the shelves again.

Mr. T (MrT4)

26-Mar

Pretty much everything made in Europe goes to US, Talked to folks that run a number ammo making plants in Europe and they say they never had it soo good as its now thanks to US market gobling it all up.

AmmoGuyUSA

26-Mar

I bet they are loving it!

graylion

5-Apr

Mr. T (MrT4) said:

Pretty much everything made in Europe goes to US, Talked to folks that run a number ammo making plants in Europe and they say they never had it soo good as its now thanks to US market gobling it all up.

But where is it all going? Are people stockpiling at home?

Mustrakrakis

5-Apr

graylion said:

But where is it all going?

A coworker of mine works 2nd shift.  He knows which stores get ammunition and on which days they get it, and each morning before work he makes sure that he's at each store before it opens.  When he arrives, there are already other people in line (mostly retirees), and more show up after he gets there.  When the doors open, they all immediately go to the ammunition counter and buy whatever they can.  According to my coworker, they even buy ammunition in calibers that they don't own guns for - "Maybe I can trade this for someone else later, or else I'll just sell it.  And if I don't buy it, someone behind me will anyway," is how he explained it.  Within ten minutes or so, all of the ammunition at that store is gone, and they move on to the next one.

What do these people do with this ammunition?  Some of them resell it at a profit.  Some of them simply stockpile it.  Maybe a few of them are even shooting it, although I haven't encountered another shooter at the range or the gravel pits in months.   But to answer your question, that's where it's all going - first time gun owners, panic buyers, and disaster capitalists.

bigkid64801

8-Apr

You can thank our new leader for the shortage.