gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ukraine weapons thread   General Military Discussion

Started 24/2/22 by gatnerd; 159992 views.
schnuersi

27-May

And another strange case of an AFV alone near a forrest. Where are the dismounts? Why is the APC strolling around in the kill zone of LAWs?

Farmplinker

27-May

Maybe the dismounts were in the woods the AFV retreated to? I could see the end guy of a company told to hold this area down while we sweep the rest of the woods. Only the opposition wasn't where command thought it was.

schnuersi

27-May

graylion said:

MARS for UA?

Its called MLRS in English. MARS is the German name. ;)

gatnerd

27-May

In the video, there’s a lot of FA fire right after the vehicle is struck; possibly engaging the dismounts or dis trying to suppress the AT team?

graylion

27-May

schnuersi said:

graylion said: MARS for UA? Its called MLRS in English. MARS is the German name. ;)

I know. But the wheeeled version is called HiMARS and since anything that launches multiple ballistic rockets in this conflict is called an MLRS, down to katyushas, I thought I'd try and be a bit more precise :o)

Mr. T (MrT4)

27-May

First picts of BMPT in action

graylion

27-May

is it me or are these a bit very close together?

gatnerd

27-May

Mad Maxim

schnuersi

28-May

graylion said:

is it me or are these a bit very close together?

On fist glance yes it looks that way but this could be missleading. Also the context is missing. As usual.

Maybe its a deliberate tactic.
It could be that the clearing is small and they want to get as much distance to the treeline as possible. It could be a new tactic to optimise the effectiveness of ADS with overlaping zones.
I also find the 3+2 ratio of MBTs and BMPTs intresting. A 3+1 or 4+1 ratio seemed more likely in the past.
It will be really intresting how the BMPT performs and what tactics and counter tactics will be used.