A bit of everything because everyone has to get opinionated when something is bugging you!
Latest 2:31 AM by C J (CardJoker)
Latest Nov-22 by Myra (MKratz)
Latest Oct-24 by Harold27Z
Latest Nov-21 by Dot_hoe
Latest Nov-21 by Dot_hoe
Latest Nov-20 by Eliot (Elohimil)
Latest Nov-5 by Dot_hoe
Latest Nov-4 by AuntBetsie
Latest Nov-1 by SasBun
Latest Nov-1 by Obezlix
Latest Oct-31 by Lana (Redneckbab1)
Latest Oct-29 by Myra (MKratz)
Latest Oct-28 by AuntBetsie
Many in our secular society believe Halloween is nothing more than a harmless festival that allows kids to collect candy. But is it? Its origins lie deeply rooted in the occult, and Christians should stay away. Here are ten reasons why.
1. October 31st has long been known as "The Festival of the Dead." The Celtic tribes and their priests the Druids celebrated this day as a marker for the change from life to death.
2. Halloween today is performed usually by adherents of witchcraft who use the night for their rituals. Witches celebrate Halloween as the "Feast of Samhain," the first feast of the witchcraft year. Being a festival of the dead, Halloween is a time when witches attempt to communicate with the dead through various forms of divination.
3. Christians should not be involved with occultic practice or divination. Note God's command against divination in Deuteronomy 18.
4. Occultists believe Halloween is a time of transition between life and death. Some occult practitioners practiced divination and believed you could learn the secrets of life and wisdom by Iying on a grave and listening to the messages from the long-departed.
5. Occultists also taught that spirits and ghosts left the grave during this night and would seek out warmth in their previous homes. Villagers, fearful of the possibility of being visited by the ghosts of past occupants, would dress up in costumes to scare the spirits on their way. They would also leave food and other treats at their door to appease the spirits so they would not destroy their homes or crops but instead move on down the road. That is the real reason why kids dress up in costumes today and go door-to-door seeking treats.
6. Occultists also would try to scare away the spirits by carving a scary face into a pumpkin. This horrible visage would hopefully move the spirit on to another home or village and spare that home from destruction. Sometimes the villagers would light a candle and place it within the pumpkin and use it as a lantern (hence the name, Jack-o-Lantern). This is the origin of carving pumpkins at Halloween.
7. In some witchcraft covens, the closing ritual includes eating an apple or engaging in fertility rites. In the Bible (Genesis 3), eating a piece of fruit brought sin and death into the world. In witchcraft, eating an apple is symbolic of bringing life. The practice of bobbing for apples brings together two pagan traditions: divination and the fertility ritual.
8. Schools are removing any religious significance from Christmas (often called winter break) and Easter (spring break). Isn't it ironic that most public schools still celebrate Halloween even though it has occultic origins?
9. Participating in Halloween gives sanction to a holiday that promotes witches, divination, haunted houses, and other occultic practices.
10. Christians should avoid Halloween and develop creative alternatives. Churches can hold a Fall Fun Festival and/or celebrate Reformation Day (also October 31). They should not endorse or promote Halloween.
Copyright © 2001 Probe Ministries
We - in my family's household think all the spending on the elaborate disguise is totally ridiculous and waste of time and daft!
SIMPLE as that... thanks for the elaborate details!
You appear to have missed the point about celebrating evil. Maybe I will explain when you are older.
You are too funny!! We have evil in our streets everyday since the ANTIFA uprising!
As if you were blissfully unaware Halloween has major significance for satanist devil worshippers.
Yes. Antifa are terrorists along with their Demoncrat supporters of the BLM theory who grovel on their knees in memory of a savage suntan career felon.
Five years ago all western celebration (including Halloween) were banned and eradicated in my kids school's education - but them came-in the Middle Eastern imposers that wanted their dogma into every class -- for some good reason, after several meetings and debates - this was banned as well!
Anything on the FANATICAL side, is bad for everyone's mind!
Interesting article, among the vegetarian I know (here) don't eat chicken or babies... actually most of them are on to a ''save the babies'' campaign - within street graffiti with one word... LIFE