Everything Else -  Trend of older couples living apart (168 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-12 7:35 AM 
To: All  (1 of 15) 

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/aging/living-apart-together-new-option-older-adults-n873496?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

And yet, despite the romance, these North Carolina seniors live in separate houses and don’t plan to move in together or marry. Demographers call this type of relationship “living apart together” (LAT).

Reply   Options 

To: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 15) 
 64556.2 in reply to 64556.1 
I've always called it "friends with benefits".

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-12 3:50 PM 
To: CHMEEE1  (3 of 15) 
 64556.3 in reply to 64556.2 

LOL!

To: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 15) 
 64556.4 in reply to 64556.1 

Did you happen to see this? I can hardly wait.

ELDERLY WILL BE CARED FOR BY ROBOTS

http://www.drudgereport.com

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-13 4:37 PM 
To: uastudy  (5 of 15) 
 64556.5 in reply to 64556.4 

Oh, great, annoy the elderly to death.

To: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 15) 
 64556.6 in reply to 64556.5 

The elderly may just decide it's easier to die than get involved in a dysfunctional and expensive medical system that isn't all that great to begin with...

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-14 2:34 AM 
To: uastudy  (7 of 15) 
 64556.7 in reply to 64556.6 

Why should anyone be forced to make that decision over the expensive medical system?

It sounds third world to me. I thought America was better than that.

To: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 15) 
 64556.8 in reply to 64556.7 

Or, we can have a government sponsored healthcare system with high premiums and a deductible so high, nobody who pays for a policy can afford to use it. I don't want the government involved in my healthcare.

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-14 9:26 AM 
To: uastudy  (9 of 15) 
 64556.9 in reply to 64556.8 

We have a sickness fund in Germany and it is reasonable compared to the US. You don't go bankrupt over a medical crisis.

If the system isn't fixed, you will feel the costs in increased premiums. The public hospitals are not allowed to turn away those uninsured patients. The taxpayer foots the bill.

The costs of care and insurance rise.

If the ACA is destroyed, the people will not put up with it. The same way they stopped Republicans from repealing it.

Trump failed to deliver on his promise of replacing the ACA with his everyone will be insured line and medicare for all.

To: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 15) 
 64556.10 in reply to 64556.9 

Obamacare was a gift to insurance companies. The republicans were never going to repeal Obamacare considering campaign money is paid to these politicians from the insurance industry. Obamacare may be ok for people who qualify for government subsidies, but the rest of us are paying through the nose for worthless health insurance policies that we can't use. That's just the long and short of it.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-15
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.