Politics -  Some History (94 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 12) 

Here i some history from the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic apt for the time of today . . . in particular the following paragraph from the article, as it addresses a number of the falsehoods being spread today -

"As scientists raced to find a vaccine, public health officials turned to time-tested methods of social distancing and quarantine. State and local officials around the country banned public gatherings, closing schools, churches, theaters, bars and other spots where people typically met in groups."

https://www.history.com/news/1918-pandemic-midterm-elections

"In the fall of 1918, the United States was approaching a midterm election like none other before. Not only were President Woodrow Wilson and his fellow Democrats trying to keep control of Congress during the home stretch of World War I—they were trying to do so in the middle of one of the deadliest pandemics in history." 

From: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member IconMay-20 9:26 AM 
To: 8645 (RedBV) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 12) 
 78894.2 in reply to 78894.1 

This article and forum have been featured in today's Delphi Daily News ~ Join in!

https://forums.delphiforums.com/news1/messages/?msg=3336.1

Reply   Options 

From: 8645 (RedBV) DelphiPlus Member IconMay-20 10:39 AM 
To: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 12) 
 78894.3 in reply to 78894.2 

Thank ya, Lyndy . . . dropped by and responded . . .

From: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member IconMay-20 11:05 AM 
To: 8645 (RedBV) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 12) 
 78894.4 in reply to 78894.3 

thank you for doing that it gets people more interested to stop by here. Usually I write a bit more but the phone would not hush up with doc calls this morning!

edited to add: Would you be interested in having your forum featured in our next edition of News and Views? It comes out at the beginning of June - it does not take much effort on your part - I post here a bunch of questions for you to answer and you put you answers then we write up the article, format it and feature it. :-)

• Edited May 20, 2020 11:43 am  by  Lyndy (Lyndy7)

From: 8645 (RedBV) DelphiPlus Member IconMay-20 12:14 PM 
To: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 12) 
 78894.5 in reply to 78894.4 

Sure, would appreciate that . . .

Though my own health and time over the last months have curtailed a good bit of time that can dedicate to the forum . . . so it's a lot slower than it used to be . . . 

From: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member IconMay-20 3:33 PM 
To: 8645 (RedBV) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 12) 
 78894.6 in reply to 78894.5 

I know the feeling, been there myself. I will be around tomorrow morning with some questions for you!

To: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 12) 
 78894.7 in reply to 78894.6 

That'll work . . . thank you . . .

From: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member IconMay-20 9:39 PM 
To: 8645 (RedBV) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 12) 
 78894.8 in reply to 78894.7 

1)What is the name and url of your forum?

2) How long has the forum been open? Why did you open it?

3) How would you best describe the purpose of your forum (for example what subject matter does it cover - hobby, support, service etc)?

4) How would you best describe the atmosphere of your forum (for example, fun, friendly, supportive)

5) What are the membernames and functions of your staff?

6) Do you host any special events?

7) Anything else you would like to add to promote your forum as a good place to visit?

8) Do you have a graphic I can include with the article? 

1)What is the name and url of your forum?

3) How would you best describe the purpose of your forum (for example what subject matter does it cover - hobby, support, service etc)?

4) How would you best describe the atmosphere of your forum (for example, fun, friendly, supportive)

7) Anything else you would like to add to promote your forum as a good place to visit?

8) Do you have a graphic I can include with the article? 1)What is the name and url of your forum?

8) Do you have a graphic I can include with the article? 

From: 8645 (RedBV) DelphiPlus Member IconMay-20 11:04 PM 
To: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 12) 
 78894.9 in reply to 78894.8 

Will get a PM to you in the next day or so . . .

From: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member IconMay-21 5:51 AM 
To: 8645 (RedBV) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 12) 
 78894.10 in reply to 78894.9 

the PM is not working properly at the moment according to a lot of people - you can email it or put it in here and then when I pick it up you can delete all the messages except what you wrote in the beginning - we got off track I am sorry :-)

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-12
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.