Boba (Boitchy)

Trumpets and Horns

Hosted by Boba (Boitchy)

Blasé news diary: blasting horns to the dormant sheep about politics and the lack of democracy due of the engulfing consumerism

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Spoofing Scams Alert    Criminals on the Run

Started Nov-17 by Boba (Boitchy); 527 views.
Boba (Boitchy)

Nov-17

Spoofing scams make millions of dollars

CBC Toronto spoke with the other man, who didn't want his name published. Both he and Baiden say they were confused when they realized the numbers the scammers had used were their own.  

Telescammers not only want your money. They're also after your phone number

George Baiden usually avoids answering calls from numbers he doesn't know. But when a Toronto area code appeared on his cell, he picked up thinking it was a friend. It turned out to be from an elaborate telephone scam whereby fraudsters steal phone numbers to make their calls — the latest twist in a long line of similar schemes that have bilked people across Canada out of millions of dollars. 

The man on the line, Baiden says, was aggressive, claiming to be with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and threatening legal action if Baiden didn't send him money. 

astonished
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/telescammers-not-only-want-money-100000909.html

GonghisKhan

Nov-18

Nothing is safe, ever will be...

funiki

Nov-18

The best is not to answer the phone-call if you don't recognise the name and the number!

speech_balloon

In reply toRe: msg 1
Berylline

Nov-19

Since 2014, the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre has received 78,472 reports from across Canada of scammers pretending to represent the CRA or Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

The centre says 4,695 people have lost more than $16.7 million. 

astonished

Tittah

Nov-20

Man'y more should be arrested, especially the new ones setting up a new shop as I am writing this astonished

Fella13

Nov-21

It doesn't sound good for the victim!!

Plump (Fat_Bunny)

Nov-23

Not news to me, this been going on for years, almost a decade now, and phone companies should use counter tech to make a change for more safety!

sunglasses

M0THACUP

Nov-25

It's worse on the mobile phone ! !!

fabul0us

Nov-25

This is why I only use my phone for work, family and very close friends!

blush

TAB00GA

Nov-25

They go to scammer schools before getting hired!!!