*Depression,, PTSD, Trauma* -  Ways Keep Busy Winter Blues (32 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Sassy (MrsSassy) DelphiPlus Member Icon unread  (1 of 1) 

6 Ways to Keep Busy During the ‘Winter Blues’

I love fall just as much as the next person; the moderate temperatures and delightful winds, the trees transitioning into bright colors, the pumpkin spice galore (though I’m a tea person, so the pumpkin spice latte hype never won me over), and the autumnal spirit of Thanksgiving. 

But since stores are now stowing away their pumpkin displays and bringing out the Christmas wreaths and candy canes, this can only mean one thing — winter is coming.

Don’t get me wrong; I revel in the beginning of the wintry season because I genuinely like the holiday cheer and Christmas songs on the radio. I genuinely like the beautiful lights and family traditions. But after January first, I hear the birds chirp on a sunny day and pine for spring.

I can certainly recall experiencing the “winter blues” last year when the bitter temperatures and bleak grey skies seemed as if they were never going to diminish. I remember thinking that March was so dreary, and I kept wishing I had the funds to go down to Florida, even if it was just for a few days. 

Then April arrived, but the cold didn’t leave and rain persisted, and I was starting to feel a bit discouraged, wondering when winter was going to legitimately take a step back.

This year, I want to be preemptive (I may as well be if they’re already selling wreaths in mid-November)  and compile a short list of (hopefully fun) ways to keep busy when winter becomes a tad too much. And if you’re on the east coast like me or in another cold climate — Hi, Chicago — you might be able to relate to this premise and want to counter the winter blues once the season truly kicks into gear.

...[Message truncated]

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.