Bipolar- Boderline- Other -  Bipolar Depression: I Can’t Do This (20 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: tammyhon unread  (1 of 1) 

Mania, depression, mixed episodes, and ultra-rapid cycling circle around me like the music notes of a wind ensemble.  Mood swings cycle through my head in crescendos and decrescendos. With psittacotic waves of psychotic encounters, on most days I either have hallucinations, delusions or paranoia.

In the wind ensembles of mental illnessesmania sounds like the trumpet, the oboe, and the piccolo dancing together.  They dance to exhaustion. The bass clarinet and trombone play together note by note painstakingly a dirge as my depression swells. Their voices as one echo down the hall into darkness. Ultra-rapid cycling’s effects on the musicians are tiring. The ensemble’s different sections take turns bouncing off each other: the flutes give way to the euphoniums, the bassoons give up the limelight to the percussion.  Finally, my mixed episodes of mania, depression, and psychosis sound like the chaotic music rising up from the from center stage as the musicians warm up and tune.

https://blogs.psychcentral.com/discoveries/2019/04/bipolar-depression-i-cant-do-this/?utm_source=Psych+Central+Weekly+Newsletter&utm_campaign=1863864c8e-BIP_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c648d0eafd-1863864c8e-30778313

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.