Physical Health Concerns -  The Wisdom Of Rest (31 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 1) 

Slow down your internet perusal and read this title—Rest: Why You Get More Done When You Work Less. Now rest your tired eyes for a moment and consider the implications.

I  recently interviewed Dr. Alex Pang, author of Rest, who writes that work and rest are allies, not adversaries. That means that in order to take your work more seriously, you need to elevate the importance of your rest.

Easy to say, hard to do. Especially if you live in the real world of work demands, pressures to be available as parent, spouse, friend, and a self-driven desire to perform to your own high standards.

It was during a time of my own work (and parentingburnout that I picked up Pang’s Rest. At that time, I was also exploring the ancient philosophy of Taoism. It seemed a great coincidence that much of the scientifically and anecdotally-backed wisdom of Rest paralleled the ancient wisdom articulated in Taoist philosophy.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/moderating/201805/the-wisdom-rest?collection=1129274

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.