*Depression,, PTSD, Trauma* -  Is Past Trauma Affecting Relationship (119 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 5) 

Our early experiences with those closest to us shape how we understand the nature of relationships. During these early years, we develop our attachment style. Attachment style influences who we fall in love with, how we behave in romantic relationships, and even how the relationship ends. 

As we grow, the level of security that feel in our most important relationships, the tactics that we develop to get our needs met, and the coping strategies that we apply to manage our strongest feelings all strongly affect the attachment style that we develop.1

Secure vs Insecure Attachment Styles

If our parents or main caregivers responded to our needs in predictable and supportive ways while we were growing up, we were likely to develop a secure attachment style.2 Secure attachment is the result of our understanding that we were worthy of love and we can depend on those around us for support. 

https://psychcentral.com/blog/is-past-trauma-affecting-your-relationship/

From: Gaelspirit DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-11 11:47 AM 
To: dstone311 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 5) 
 97512.2 in reply to 97512.1 

This was a good article, and something I am facing now a bit. Trying hard not to repeat past patterns! 

Message 3 of 5 was Deleted  

To: Gaelspirit DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 5) 
 97512.4 in reply to 97512.2 

Make sure to use your support Gael and not try to figure it out all yourself especially when it’s boundaries, trust, and not repeating past patterns. I hope you find a good resolution Gael. 

From: Gaelspirit DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-19 6:50 PM 
To: dstone311 DelphiPlus Member Icon unread  (5 of 5) 
 97512.5 in reply to 97512.4 

Thanx Dave! :)

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.